Draining

By grlzze444 - 16/11/2010 00:19 - United States

Today, my swim coach had me swim a 400 meter freestyle. Feeling a little sick near the end, I lifted my head to breathe, then burped, and threw up violently all in the pool. All my team mates screamed horrified running out of the pool, and now they have to drain it. I was told not to come back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 475
You deserved it 4 145

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hmmm.....I can't really tell who's at fault here. Sure, the darling felt sick, but if the coach wouldn't let them stop....hmmm.... this is one where I just cannot vote on it without more details.

Back in my day the warm ups were over 9000! And that was upstream both ways including a 40 foot waterfall in -30 degree weather. Let me tell you, you young people have it easy! I'd like to see you swimming through a layer of ice. I'll not even mention fighting off the piranha and crocodiles!

Comments

how often do you swim because a 400 is so easy to swim even if your sick, was it like your first day!?!

checkerdflag47 0

should not have went to that buffet last night.

Being told not to come back is very vague. OP was probably told "Don't come back until you feel better".

No, it was more like “Dont come back EVER.”

umm yea 400m warm-up is pretty easy. When i swam i was doing 1k/ my coach made me race a 400m doing butterfly, thats a new meaning of pain

patiencenovirtue 0

Why didn't you just slow down swimming?

I second #35. You definitely don't have to eat a lot to puke. I was an athlete for all four years of college (4 hours of high-speed, exhausting kicking/power drills per practice was normal - we were a competitive martial arts team, and we all had to be in pretty good shape because we were literally training for full-contact fighting), and every now and then one of my teammates would just puke. Granted, you usually have to be at least kind of out of shape for that to happen, but I've seen a few people puke just because they drank Gatorade or something between drills. It happens.

ericalew_xo 0

I swim 400 meter freestyles daily at swim practice. It's hard but that's also why you should only eat power bars before swim practice. I learned that the hard way too, except not as much puke and not in the pool.