Draining

By grlzze444 - 16/11/2010 00:19 - United States

Today, my swim coach had me swim a 400 meter freestyle. Feeling a little sick near the end, I lifted my head to breathe, then burped, and threw up violently all in the pool. All my team mates screamed horrified running out of the pool, and now they have to drain it. I was told not to come back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 475
You deserved it 4 145

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hmmm.....I can't really tell who's at fault here. Sure, the darling felt sick, but if the coach wouldn't let them stop....hmmm.... this is one where I just cannot vote on it without more details.

Back in my day the warm ups were over 9000! And that was upstream both ways including a 40 foot waterfall in -30 degree weather. Let me tell you, you young people have it easy! I'd like to see you swimming through a layer of ice. I'll not even mention fighting off the piranha and crocodiles!

Comments

1. You probably ate before practice 2. What whip thinks a 400 is hard I mean common.

Being a swimmer, I know how this feels. I did it while breathing during mid stroke of butterfly. Everything got pushed back to my face

Why would you have to drain the whole pool?? And people shut up about how many meters you have to swim. I'm both a lifeguard and a swimmer, and no one cares how far you have to swim. This guy wasn't feeling well.

My thoughts differ if it was a practice or if it was during a meet

It's alright, once at a meet i was swimming the 400IM, and during the fly, I accidentally swallowed water and started choking. The whole natitorium went quiet...

I understand I same also a swimmer and I agree and have done this to

how rude of them to tell you not to come back. you paid to be coached as long as you act respectable there us no reason to kick you out. im a swim coach and if one on my swimmers (mine are all under 10 so younger than you) was sick in tge pool i qould ve more worried about them then thw clean up process. This doesnt happen constantly i take it so they have no reason to do so! sorry reading this pissed me off about your coach, teammates and lifeguards(since you didn't specify who told you to never come back)

Well, why did they have to drain it?? I'm a life guard and there's protocol to follow when that happens: skim it out, back wash for 30 mins, and raise the chemicals to the highest on the scale for 24 hrs. You don't have to DRAIN it. They obviously didn't know how to take care of a pool.

lellalove_fml 23

I work at a pool and you don't have to drain the pool when someone throws up. You get as much of it out with a net and close the pool for an hour while the pool filters and sanitizes. And you add a little more chlorine where the vomit is to help the process.