Draining

By grlzze444 - 16/11/2010 00:19 - United States

Today, my swim coach had me swim a 400 meter freestyle. Feeling a little sick near the end, I lifted my head to breathe, then burped, and threw up violently all in the pool. All my team mates screamed horrified running out of the pool, and now they have to drain it. I was told not to come back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 475
You deserved it 4 145

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hmmm.....I can't really tell who's at fault here. Sure, the darling felt sick, but if the coach wouldn't let them stop....hmmm.... this is one where I just cannot vote on it without more details.

Back in my day the warm ups were over 9000! And that was upstream both ways including a 40 foot waterfall in -30 degree weather. Let me tell you, you young people have it easy! I'd like to see you swimming through a layer of ice. I'll not even mention fighting off the piranha and crocodiles!

Comments

d_ele 0

But 1 question - why did you lift your head to breathe if you were doing the 400 free?

I'm sure if you got out, yelled that you were sick and threw up in the bathroom none of this wouldve happened..just hadda do it in the pool eh?

tundraman07 0

They "ran" out of the pool? Really? Wow!

I get it: commenting bug, you didn't see it. But didn't the anti-flood tip you off it had been posted? Try a refresh next time first. Just sayin...

tundraman07 0

They "ran" out of the pool? Really? Wow!

tundraman07 0

They "ran" out of the pool? Really?

ulicksam 0

Yes, they "ran" out of the pool and they "screamed horrified running" too.

WTF? You're on a swimming team and you can't go 400meters without vomiting? That's pretty weak.. even as out of shape as I am I can swim for at least a few thousand meters without getting that tired.

yeah u don't drain a pool for that just add chlorine and close it for an hour while it dilutes

zom_fml 10

Today, I was swimming 400m freestyle and enjoying myself when out of nowhere, the teammate who was right next to me threw up in the pool. It got in my face. FML

lies lies lies. you wouldn't be on a swim team if you couldn't do 400 free, my average warm up is 1000. second "you lifted your head to breath" if you are on a swim team hopefully you know in free you turn your knead to breath...third you don't drain a pool for vomit or even for poo, at the most the pool has to be closed overnight, but normally 30 mins or less, for Vom it usually doesn't have to be closed at all unless the people running the pool aren't doing their job and their isn't enough chems in there. the only thing in here that makes me think op had any experience swimming is that the coach wouldn't let him stop. that's rule number one of swimming, no matter what you never don't complete a race or practice segment. oh and how do I know this? I am an assistant swim coach for one of the best USA swimming teams...

rainbowpurple 0

They could still be on the swim team. And that's great your warm up is 1000, but you definitely don't sprint your warmup like you do a race. 400m is pretty long, especially if he was a sprinter and his coach out of the blue wanted him to swim something else. I'm not exactly a swimmer but when we swam conditioning sets for water polo we'd get out, run to the bathroom, throw up, get back in and finish the set. When I was an ocean lifeguard, people threw up during our long sand runs frequently. Some people can't keep working out after they puke and quit the team/training. And what team do you assistant coach? Club, high school, college, national? All my friends are elite swimmers and now I'm wondering if you're their coach.