Desperate

By Anna - 02/12/2012 08:03 - United States - Monroe

Today, my guy friend kept complaining that no one had asked him to the dance, so he probably wasn't going to go. I suggested that we go together. He laughed until his face was bright red and said, "I don't think I'll ever get that desperate." FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 981
You deserved it 2 648

Same thing different taste

Top comments

enormouselephant 15

Why is this guy your friend? Asshole.

I reckon it's time to find yourself a new friend.

Comments

In his mind he just got rejected, which lowers his self worth. In order to raise his self worth he has to be above someone else. So he's taking it out on you. But before you start feeling sorry for him: 1. Sitting around and waiting to be asked out is not a valid precursor to rejection. (Especially considering which way the social bias goes on which gender should initiate) 2. You can't take out your insecurities on other people, it's not emotionally deep, it's childish. 3. Beggars can't be choosers. He's radiating a false sense of entitilement. 4. Massive mix in priorities when you burn the people close to you for the sake of people who aren't. 5. You seem to be his "whipping boy". CONFRONT him on this (that first part is important) and if he's of any worth he should at least apoplogize, maybe even make it up to you, but most importantly get his shit together. If not, any relationship you could develop with him would be abusive, and you should seek companionship elsewhere.

afairshake 8

I'd say that's not a friend get new ones

dukemyster8 4

Aren't guys supposed to ask for a date anyway? Maybe he should stop complaining and find a date himself if he is going to be such an arswipe.

And he wonders why he hasn't been asked.

To which YOU reply, "Yes and I wasn't even near desperate to begin with. But you'd DEFINATELY top my 'Pathetic List' the next time I merely begin to fathom others' problems and waste my time, breath, energy, and minutes of my life on perhaps offering them a reasonably enjoyable time, seeing as the rest of society won't even bother with a misunderstood being like you, which can solely be done by a heart as pure and forgiving as mine. So, with this pure and forgiving heart, I am giving you one, and one chance only to apologize, so I can pretend I never heard what ill-thought process that was running through your mind without having your filter on before blurting it out. Then, I will ask you the question again. And I do expect to hear a different answer this time. Am I clear?" and see what he has to say about THAT. If all else fails... well, I'm only 14. Can't really do much.

I would have loved someone like you in high school.