Deranged

By LightsOut - 21/05/2013 22:47 - United States - Melbourne

Today, and throughout the past week, my electricity, water, cable, and Internet were progressively shut off. Why? Because my deranged mother-in-law has been stealing the money orders I use to pay my bills out of my mailbox. She also stole the late notices because she didn't want me to be "mad". FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 939
You deserved it 3 409

Same thing different taste

Comments

andrealovvve 17

This is definitely a good reason to call the cops. I would press charges on her or else she could do it again in the future.

A lot of people don't seem to get how ass-backwards much of the US is. Sometimes going to a mailbox or post office just really isn't an option if you want something paid on time. I live in rural FL too, though I put my mail in the outgoing box at work rather than at home. Also, what's with all the "get with the 21st century" comments? A lot of people just don't have 24/7 internet access or smart phones w/unlimited data, not because of nostalgia for the past or a desire to live in the dark ages, but because they simply may not be able to afford things that most people take for granted, that may unfortunately include a bank account.

She wants you to get the full affect of being Amish!!

davek 36

Isn't messing with the mail a federal offence on your side of the pond?

kalynnepointer 7

This is why I pay my bills online.. Before the Internet gets shut off

Why would you not pay the bills online? Or through the bank.

uhmaizing 3

sounds like someone is gonna be on judge judy

Has anyone thought they do not have a bank account, and it was safer for this individual to send a money order in the mail. I would do something for to learn her lesson, like not allowed on your property ever.

Like calling the post office IG and opening an investigation on a federal crime...