Deranged

By LightsOut - 21/05/2013 22:47 - United States - Melbourne

Today, and throughout the past week, my electricity, water, cable, and Internet were progressively shut off. Why? Because my deranged mother-in-law has been stealing the money orders I use to pay my bills out of my mailbox. She also stole the late notices because she didn't want me to be "mad". FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 939
You deserved it 3 409

Same thing different taste

Comments

Pay them over the phone or in person. Can't steal what doesn't exist. If she is that bad off for money she should just ask...

I would pay all of your bills online. And I'd make the mother-in-law give you all the money she took back.

RedPillSucks 31

Money orders can be made out to the people/company being paid so they can't be cashed by anyone else.

jem970 19

Seriously? Make her pay back the money and just start dropping the money orders in the mail box outside the post office. Your mom is out of control. Stealing money from you? I would not be a happy camper and you need to send her to therapy.

I don't understand why the money orders would be in OP's mailbox to begin with. You have to go to the Post Office or Mailboxes Etc. or something to get them don't you? Why not just bundle them with the bills and drop them in the mailbox right then and there? Taking them home just seems to be asking for trouble to me. Also, you did fill out the mail orders, right? If you did it makes it very unlikely she could cash them and you should be able to get the money back from the PO. Either away, mail tampering is a federal crime and there's no way you should let her off with this. MIL or not.

You can actually get money orders at CVS and some gas stations. Your point is valid but I could also see OP's mailing them from home.

Ever heard of online payments? Plus, who the hell uses money orders anymore?

I'd be pressing charges mother-in-law or not. If she is stealing from family, she will steal from anybody.