Curiosity

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Ewa Beach

Today, my neighbor came over and yelled at me for traumatizing her kids. What did I do? Nothing. Her kids entered my backyard, dug up my one month-dead hamster and freaked out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 658
You deserved it 3 491

Top comments

A parent's children can do no wrong these days. You know that. Their bad grades are their teachers' fault, too.

Comments

skittyskatbrat 19

I have to share my hubby's response to this. "Eff off, or I'll call Child Services."

skittyskatbrat 19
JMichael 25

Don't you know you're not supposed to bury dead animals OP? Children could dig them up and be traumatized for life, and then who's left with the consequences? Not them.

The parents are left with the consequences. Its their responsibility to keep their kids from trespassing and vandalizing other peoples yards. It wouldnt be my fault nor is it my responisibility if some kids get traumatized in a place where they arent allowed anyway.

JMichael 25

I hope people realize this is sarcastic. But yea you are right. It's on the parents for not paying attention to where their children trespass. Plus sooner or later they're going to learn death is a natural part of life.

carterjanelle 9

Sure you can read sarcasim. Doesn't mean people always get it though.

JMichael 25

66 I'm fluent in reading sarcasm. Don't know what your problem is.

Whisper to the kid that if he had dug down another 12 inches he would of discovered the last kid that dug up your lawn.

Other than them digging up your hamster, what's so FML about this? Just tell her to eff off and tell her what her kids do.

Neighbors like that are the exact reason 8 foot fences with locked gates are for. You won't be able to reason with people like that.

You should have yelled back at her, "Well, if YOUR kids hadn't come into MY yard without permission and played archaeologist, they wouldn't have been traumatized!" But I know that these sorts of things only come up hours later. However, it might not be a bad idea to get as tall a fence as is legal to keep the little brats out. And if she gets upset, her kids need to know not to dig up other people's yards.

carterjanelle 9

Little stupid kids irritate me. I would've had to put that woman in her place

Goblin182 26

Call the police, have them arrested for vandelizing your back yard.

What happened to the times when I was a kid? And I am only 18. Kids nowadays are so overprotected by their parents.

#43- May Be The Kids Din't Get Enough Toys At Their Home! -_-

Same here, 43. My only guesses are that a.) the parents know they were terrible kids and now do everything possible to prevent their children from being exposed to any situation that would cause the child to misbehave or b.) parents now are afraid of their children not getting enough attention or love so they give them too much in hopes that their children won't turn into psycopaths as mental illnesses are looked more into today.

dig a very large hole in your back yard and make sure the kids see you doing it.....when you fill it back in leave flowers on the dirt mound that's left. they will never even come in your yard again.

xcookie_loverx 3

The kids will think that the OP buried other little brats who trespassed on her property.