Curiosity

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Ewa Beach

Today, my neighbor came over and yelled at me for traumatizing her kids. What did I do? Nothing. Her kids entered my backyard, dug up my one month-dead hamster and freaked out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 658
You deserved it 3 491

Top comments

A parent's children can do no wrong these days. You know that. Their bad grades are their teachers' fault, too.

Comments

Then tell her that her kids have no discipline and were trespassing and next time don't come and destroy your property if they don't want to be traumatized. They had no right or reason to be there then say goodbye and close the door in her face. She'll probably get pissed off but you're not to blame so oh well.

Some kids need to see more of the world or they'll be scared of everything that is not candy and tv-shows.. When I was a kid I found half a skull in the forest, I think it was of a sheep. At least that's what my mom said when I thought it was so awesome that I had to show it to her!

It actually amuses me that you thought a sheep skull was awesome. I live out in the country, and my dogs used to drag deer bones into the yard sometimes. It used to fascinate me how differently the skull looked without the skin on! And I agree, there are some things a kid needs to be exposed to at least once in his/her life or they'll be scared of everything.

Indeed! I was raised on the countryside too ( though our dogs didn't bring home bones, I did that.. ) and while I understand that people who hasn't seen dead animals/skeleton parts/similar things might find it a bit creepy, they just shouldn't find it THAT creepy. And creepy stuff should be awesome and interesting too!

I find skeletons in general fascinating, and would personally love to own one. I grew up on eighty acres of land, and had my fair share of adventuring; I've seen a lot of skeletons from animals, and I own a replica of a human skull. I'm hoping to legally purchase an actual human skull later on, as I think it'd be cool to own. Her kids do need to be less sheltered, you can't grow up scared of everything.

it's not your fault she should have been watching them. she should tell her kids that's what happens if they don't listen

xcookie_loverx 3

You should have told her to watch her little brats better. My son is 5 and knows better than to go into my neighbors backyard to play with her puppy without asking permission.

skittyskatbrat 19

My sisters and I knew the same. We NEVER would have gone into someone's yard without permission, much less messed with someone else's stuff or dug around in their yard. MAYBE as little bitty toddlers, but at that age, our parents watched us closely. Dad even fenced the side of the patio until we were past that dumb-toddler-high-speed stage! As opposed to having a kid that goes into other yards without permission or invitation and digs holes....

I would have told her if you were watching and disciplining your children like your supposed to they wouldn't have gotten traumatized. Ugh people like that get on my nerves is called discipline your children especially before they become spoiled little brats that think they can get away with anything.

squarecircles 13

I'm sorry you happen to live next to The Stupids.

mookiemookie01 24

You should have started freaking out in turn. I mean, they just dug up the memories you have been working for a month to suppress...My Hamster! It's dead!??