Crossing a line

By Anonymous - 20/02/2015 19:25 - United States - Wapakoneta

Today, my surgeon was giving me the lowdown of what was going to happen on the operating table. I was anxious enough without him saying stuff like "cut you open", "quite a bit of blood" and "it's all quite risky." That's all I remember before fainting. My wife won't stop mocking me for it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 009
You deserved it 3 357

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's a serious thing no matter what. No one should mock or joke about some one having anesthesia or surgery . You wait until they are sedated to mock them and joke around .

giantsfan2010 23

She wouldn't be making fun of you if she was the one having surgery.

Comments

It's a serious thing no matter what. No one should mock or joke about some one having anesthesia or surgery . You wait until they are sedated to mock them and joke around .

I don't think the doc was mocking them, just giving them details. He must be desensitized, since he's talking about it so casually too.

Well most people won't understand the complexed medical terminology, and the wife was mocking. I was semi joking. You never should make a patient feel anxious if you can help it. A lot of people in the hospital are desensitized and humor helps a lot of people deal with the stressors.

Oh, whoops *facepalm* Didn't read the FML properly, I thought you meant the doctor was mocking. I assume they anesthetized and sedated OP while they were fainted, and kicked the wife out because it's a sterile enviornment, so I doubt she teased him until the ride home. I don't know what went down, so don't quote me.

I was implying the the doctor mock them once the anesthetics kicked in... Not before .

turtlesman 7

very risky. hope all is well OP.

Know the feeling man, hope everything went well!

Surgery is kind of a scary thing, it's always different when you're not the one under the knife. Don't feel embarrassed op.

That's completely understandable. You should be glad your surgeon was being completely honest with you. It's nothing to be taken lightly.

giantsfan2010 23

She wouldn't be making fun of you if she was the one having surgery.

Surgery is a very scary thing when you really sit down to think of all the risks that go into it. Hope all goes well, OP!

The surgeon shouldn't have done that. Your wife is just as much in the wrong as well. FYL.

The surgeon shouldn't have informed him what was going to happen in surgery as well as all the risks? That makes no sense.