By DocBastard, meet DocCunt - 18/10/2013 22:12 - Australia - Sydney

Today, my surgeon was talking to me about my upcoming heart bypass operation. I was extremely nervous from the start, but he somehow managed to keep saying things like "death", "fatalities", "high-risk", and "never wake up" throughout. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 182
You deserved it 3 516

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's like I always say, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Then again, hope is not a very good diagnostic or therapeutic tool.

This sucks, but they have to be honest with you about the risk.

Comments

This sucks, but they have to be honest with you about the risk.

They have to tell the risk. But that will never happen to you everything will be ok.

euphoricness 28

I bet when OP heard those risks, she needed the surgery even more than before

michaelaranda 28

number 9, that's just not necessarily true. op, good luck with your surgery. oh and btw, awesome name.

xXxGraveStonexXx 20

There is a small chance that those bad things will happen. Good luck OP.(:

NagainaFier 16

You, number #59, should have continued scrolling; Doc is #11. So yes, yes he did reply.

these things can happen, should have laid off the fried food . . . just sayin

MikaykayUnicorn 36

so no one's gonna mention op's username?

That takes hope for the best, prepare for the worst to a whole new level.

You better do it will make your life 10 years longer did for my grandpa he is still very healthy 90.

ducky45 20

Hope all goes well. It may not be as bad as it seems. The doctors have to discuss the complications because of the law.

hockeygoalie13 15

I mean you had to have that heart to heart conversation about the risks at some point..

That really sucks...but your name is genius.

cheshirecat13242 32

It's like I always say, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Then again, hope is not a very good diagnostic or therapeutic tool.

Your arch nemesis doc. What's the plan of action?

I thought the placebo and related effects meant that hope WAS a useful therapeutic tool, just only if used with other more substantial medical treatment?

I suggest a surgery-off. Whichever patient survives claims victory.

hmmm not the sort of stress tesk doctors are know to administer.

Nice name good luck with it I'm sure you'll be fine