Crossed wires

By Anonymous - 14/10/2015 12:41 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I got into a minor argument with my fiancé. Deciding it wasn't worth fighting over, I shrugged and said, "Really, what are we even doing this for?" To which he replied, "Honestly, I don't know. I haven't loved you in years… Oh, you meant about the fight." And just like that, I'm now single. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 215
You deserved it 2 760

Same thing different taste

Top comments

whatarethisss 23

It's better you found out he didn't love you now than after you guys were married.

OP, I'm so genuinely sorry. This is awful. I will say though that it's a good thing you found out what kind of person your fiancé really is before you married him. You will find someone eventually who is really the right one for you!

Comments

thatonetribute 31

I know it sounds bad, but you've dodged a bullet. Would you rather be locked in a loveless, unhappy marriage, or would you rather get out of it and find someone that truly makes you happy? Good luck, OP.

The amount of disrespect on that guy is too much, OP. I'm sorry you had to undergo such pain, but at the same time I'm glad you didn't marry him. Stay strong

Wow, he really should have said something much sooner if he has been feeling this way for years. Maybe he thought he could grow to love you again so that's why he waited, but waiting years and becoming your fiancé without seeing a future with you is just unacceptable. Be strong, OP, you will get through this!

87, I did it by telling mine, "Like hell I'm taking you back after you stole my car" and changing the locks, but your mileage may vary. Especially if the non-love of your life isn't the felonious kind.

Damn that sucks .. But better to find out now than to end up being in a miserable marriage

Ouch! I'm not even involved and I felt the sting of this.

SystemofaBlink41 27

Dodged a bullet! I'm referring to the marriage, btw.

Good thing you found out his true feelings before marrying the dude.