Corporate ass

By Anonymous - 13/06/2020 17:02

Today, I found out that my boss would rather give grant money back than give it to any of his employees as any sort of bonus for working through the pandemic. Two of us have worked for him for over 20 years. So much for loyalty I guess. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 874
You deserved it 201

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

tounces7 27

Most bosses in America are like this. Welcome to Crony Capitalism.

You were quite literally taken for "grant"-ed.

Christina Winden 22

Your boss sounds like an ass.

its literally "grant" money. its designated for a certain thing, if they dont reach the maximum, the rest gets returned. thats how grants work. you cant just allocate them to some other business expense.

Grants are usually very specific on how the funds can be used. There are limitations and rules and if they are mishandled the company could lose out on applying again or have to pay fines if it is from the government.

I don't think I've ever heard of a grant, that you could just hand out to employees as bonus, if the grant hadn't been used up for the intended purpose. Your boss would probably be penalised for doing so. If you have worked for him for 20 years, you should know that.

It would be illegal for him to do so, grant money has to be used for the purpose it was applied for. This is why there is a huge amount of due diligence done for example when charities grant money for projects.