Close shave

By Gears - 29/04/2019 16:00

Today, I had dinner at a local fast-food joint. There's an employee there that I usually talk to and flirt with, so I thought maybe it was time to ask for her number. After a small conversation and almost getting to the point, she told me, "I'm 17." I'm 23. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 189
You deserved it 780

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well its good that she told you. Consequences averted.

That’s legal in some states. If she’s not jail-bait, let her make the judgment that you’re too old for her.

Comments

Well its good that she told you. Consequences averted.

bloopaloop 27

Tell her you got her birthday present in your pants.

That’s legal in some states. If she’s not jail-bait, let her make the judgment that you’re too old for her.

That’s legal in most if not all states. Some of them have ages way too low. But a six year gap is nothing.

I’m glad the swarm is doing my legal research for me!

That was me and my gf when we first started,now it’s been three years. Those 6 years showed at times though was patience on my part

You reminded me: I started officially dating a girl on my 25th birthday who was six weeks shy of her 18th. We lasted three years and the first two were the best of my life.

He’s allowed to decide that she’s too young for him. Dating a high schooler in your 20s is ******* weird regardless

School finishes at 16 here ;) its legal though so 🤷🏼‍♀️

xxWTFxx1981 23
TxKitten79 10

1. That's legal in most states. 2. Not a huge age difference. 3. If 1 is true in your state, and you really like her, and think she's mature enough, go for it. If just the fact that she's 17 creeps you out, even if it's legal where you live, ask when her birthday is and just keep flirting till she turns 18.

destineos 20

Einstein equation say it’s not good : age’ = age/2 + 7 23/2 + 7 = 18,5 You can only take girl that have much than 18,5

donthatemebut 14

And the 17 year old can date a 15 year old? That’s illegal.

Dating? Legal. Having sex? Illegal. (in the US)

It’s not the age difference that’s creepy, it’s asking her out while she’s at work. Don’t hit on people while they’re working. They have to be polite and it may come off as “flirting,” but generally that’s not what it really is.

Be patient, waiting a year isnt that hard

People who keep arguing about age of consent are missing the point. The point is what she actually meant was: "I am not sexually attracted to you and I don't want to have sex with you. And it's not about my age - I wouldn't have sex with you even if I was 27."