Pleased to meet you

By footinmouth - 13/09/2009 05:14 - United States

Today, I went to a restaurant with some friends. I noticed a very cute waitress about my age, so I walked over to her and asked if she had a boyfriend. The extremely fit, attractive waiter standing next to her immediately turned, held out his hand and goes, "Yeah. Meet me." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 991
You deserved it 14 063

Same thing different taste

Top comments

now, I found that entertaining because she's probably not dating the waiter, and he just saved her from being harassed by some random customer.

Mildly embarrassing, but it's not like anything bad, really came of it. If it did, you'd have told us.

Comments

Mildly embarrassing, but it's not like anything bad, really came of it. If it did, you'd have told us.

Poonheart 0

YDI for recognizing the other dude as "extremely fit" and "attractive"

Sun_Kissed18 25

Hey I recognize other women as "fit" and "beautiful" in an "I hate you" kind of way :) Edit: Not that I'm not fit or pretty >.>

thyaftermath 0

Yeah, I think you deserved it. Because you are never supposed to approach a girl like that. It might be okie, in a heat of the moment at a bar . But that only seems simple in the movies. Not in real life. You are supposed to introduce yourself, take the time to see if she likes you that way. Or if shes been checking you out all night or something , go and introduce yourself. BUT YOU NEVER just go , hey do you have a boyfriend?shes like; No, And then you are like WANnana Be MY GIrlfriennnd? AND shes like yeah! no . stupid stupid , you deserved it.

Exactly this. Why would Do you have a boyfriend be your opening line???

This is the stupidest FML ever. How is your life ******? Oh my god, one random girl whom you had never met before had a boyfriend and he happened to see you hitting on her. Dear god man! How will you recover? Seriously, just GTFO. And remember to cut down the river and not across it. Stupid emo ****.

That's what I thought. Did he just say a guy was attractive. YDI

Waitress - "cute" Waiter - "extremely fit" and "attractive" I think OP was hitting on the wrong one...

agsilver 14

The waiter is a man.... And so is the OP....

Agree with you. Fit used to mean sporty / toned, not sexy.

now, I found that entertaining because she's probably not dating the waiter, and he just saved her from being harassed by some random customer.

That was totally my first thought as well!

Yeah, that's pretty common. It happens all the time at various restaurants I've worked at in the past.

i agree, he probably said that to save his friend from sleazeballs like you

3rdDegree 0

And then had sex with her later of course

thyaftermath 0

YEAHHHAA 3 rd agree!! Later that night.. WOW.. you were so nice to help me out like that. guy: u wanna ride home babe?... later that night : the cars shaking oh yeahh babay oohhhhh.. yup

Agreed, #2. Especially if the first thing he's going to ask her is if she had a boyfriend. And worse, while she's working. "Hi, waitress who is trying to do her job who I'm bothering and who I've never met before, do you have a boyfriend?"

That's what I thought too. I've used this same excuse a zillion times (it always works). And, why would you hit at someone at work? They could get in trouble for being unprofessional!

More probable that the waiter WANTs to date her and was trying to get in good with her by ****-blocking OP.

Oh my god! Ten seconds of embarrassment! Get of my FML, that so totally isn't one.

Hey man, the simple fact that there's a goalie doesn't mean you can't still score

is this fake? i didnt think employees were allowed to date.

TJStarzZ 8

What about 'lying'? People on the Internet tend to do that a LOT these days.

arienh4 0

fake Not serious, I just felt challenged.

FAKE!! lol lets see how long it takes before im modded

Depends where you work. Some companies have a policy against it and some don't. I've dated a co-worker.

it depends if your employer thinks it is within their right to control your personal life and what you do away from work where it has absolutely no bearing on the employer or the company. I think its ridiculous to ban employees from dating, as long as they keep it professional at work. and if thy dont, fire one of them ahahahahaha

sh0es 0

No, its probably real, and like somebody said before - he wasn't her boyfriend, he was just protecting her from assholes who think its okay to hit on their waitress.

i really couldnt give a shit if im banned. it wont be the end of the world

scorpioserpent 1

I work with my boyfriend. He actually got me the job and everyone knows we're together. It just depends on the company.

Oh no, your life is over. Seriously, some chick you don't know has a boyfriend? Get the **** over it. It's not like there's not millions of other girls out there. Wah wah wah.

it's not the fact he didn't get the girl, it's just embarrassing that her boyfriend happen to be right next to her and heard him trying to hit on her.

Hm. At least you had the guts to talk to her. But thats a really retarded thing to ask as a first question...

I wonder what his next brilliant pick-up line would have been? "Wanna be my girlfriend?"?

OH NO! SHE HAD A BOYFRIEND!?!?! somebody call a waaaambulance.

the waiter should bring him a whamburger and french cries