Close shave

By eyeamcool - 17/04/2009 04:11 - United States

Today, the police posted a description of the car of a child abductor. As everyone slowed down to read the billboard, I realized that the car's description and license plate were very similar to mine. After getting death stares from passengers, I got pulled over. Twice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 552
You deserved it 2 708

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Passengers? What passengers? Oh, you mean the children you were abducting...

One day, #8 will learn when to end a joke, and #9 will learn how to spot one.

Comments

Where's the picture of the Free Candy Van when you need it?

Rick_S 3

#32 and #28. I'm not saying that it's funny or not to have your children abducted, and I'm not saying it didn't suck for him to have this happen. I just think that the OP needs a little perspective. His life doesn't suck nearly as bad as the kids' or the parents' lives.

#35 That is pretty obvious and does not need to be pointed out.

#35 Yeah, that's the point, its NOT funny, hence we'd all rather hear this humorous story, one that sucks for the poster and we can all laugh at afterward without you killing all the fun. This whole website is about funny stories, not about people whose lives ACTUALLY suck, nobody wants to be depressed all day.

ZiggyMorrison 0

Rick dude we can only imagine how it would be to have our child abducted but if we wanted to know we'd watch A&E or the news or some shit like that but this website is about the humor in shitty situations you dont watch schindler's list for a laugh now do you? are you one of those guys that when people say something bad thats happend to them your like "well atleast your not a starving child in africa blah blah blah" I get that its perspective but honestly thats prolly not what the OP wants to hear about cause i can imagine this shit is still going on for him cause if he has a shady car i doubt he has another one he can take to work

skierguy 0

You deserve that one for abducting children.

I had the same thing happen to me. The description matched my car except for the license plate. I didn't get pulled over, but I did get the death stares and people who rode my ass or stayed way far away from me. The guy behind me was on the phone. I thought he was calling the cops.

@ #29 I saw that alert too. They were broadcasting that EAS all of yesterday evening. I had a similar incident happen to me once. Not so intense but I did get pulled over and the cop informed me of the alert.

... wow, the reading comprehension here is great. I wonder how many of the YDI brigade also write the "Welp I tried to cheat and got caught, FML" and other various whinings about being unable to complete basic life tasks - they certainly demonstrate their lack of ability here.