Classic

By Anonymous - 15/04/2021 11:00

Today, I had a dream I saw my dad. I tried to talk to him, but then I woke up. He died last Monday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 644
You deserved it 69

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have had similar dreams after loved ones died. I believe they are saying goodbye.

I had a dream like that. COVID took my mom a month ago, and a few day ago, I dreamt about her, too. Stay strong, OP.

Comments

I have had similar dreams after loved ones died. I believe they are saying goodbye.

I had a dream like that. COVID took my mom a month ago, and a few day ago, I dreamt about her, too. Stay strong, OP.

He's visiting you, that is awesome. Condolences on losing him, I lost my Dad a year ago this month. It takes a while to get back to your normal self, go easy on yourself and it helps spending as much time as you can with loved ones

My dad passed away almost 8 years ago and I will still occasionally have those dreams. Having a parent die sucks, and it will always kind of suck. But eventually it sucks a little less, and those dreams can be reassuring later on. It ensures that their memory still lives on.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Stories like this make me wonder if it's possible there are ghosts.

He is making sure you're okay. It is said that when you dream of a departed loved one, they are in the room, checking on you. Sorry for your loss.

I'm sorry that happened to you. Shortly after my stepfather unexpectedly passed I saw him in a lucid dream. I realized I was dreaming, and was aware that he was actually dead, so I was able to say goodbye to him. Even though it was only a dream it was very meaningful to me.

If it happens again and you get to talk to him, don't tell him he's dead. If I tell my dad that in my dreams, he gets sad and goes away. If I totally ignore the fact he's dead, I can talk to him all night.