By Gore - 18/06/2019 21:13 - United States - Kansas City

Today, I was going to record a song I wrote for my dad, who I haven't spoke to in a couple of years. After getting things together, I called my mom to let her know I'd be doing this. She informed me he died. A year ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 603
You deserved it 450

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why didn't anyone tell you? I know you guys weren't talking, but still!

Mungolikecandy 19

Were you not talking to your mother either for her not to tell you?

Comments

so you preferred to wait a few years then write a song instead of having a conversation or two with your father? what?

Why didn't anyone tell you? I know you guys weren't talking, but still!

Nhayaa 21

You never know why people do such things... my sister and her father didn't speak to each other for a few years and when her grand father died (her father's father) he said the rest of the family that he didn't want her to know. She finally discovered the whole story when she visited her cousin during holidays 7 months later. Merry Christmas! She did talk to her father after that, but it wasn't a make up conversation for sure.

Mungolikecandy 19

Were you not talking to your mother either for her not to tell you?

childlessmother 16

And I thought my relationship with my parents was bad!

It’s all for the best. There’s no way your song is nearly as good as “Vanishing Deductible.”

bl3ur0z3 17

So your father wasn't involved enough in your life to be in contact for several years at a time, yet you worship him so much you want to record a song for him. Your FML is that your mom saved you the heartache of knowing about the death of the man who has not been involved in your life. Sounds to me like nothing is lost.

no worries OP, I hate my father & wouldn't care if he died. probably the only useful thing he could do.

How the HELL did no one inform you of this?! That's terrible! So sorry, OP! :(

I feel like there was a ton wrong with these relationships for you not you know he was gone. Not pointing any fingers, just saying the situation had to be bad. I want to say I’m sorry for your loss, but it sounds like that loss cake long ago. Sorry, nonetheless.