Chill out, dude

By Anonymous - 14/08/2012 00:55 - Australia - Queanbeyan

Today, my son displayed an interest in chess, and asked me to teach him to play. Five minutes in, I captured his queen. He screamed "SCREW THIS STUPID GAME", slammed his fist down on his pieces, and started crying because of the pain. He's fourteen years-old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 039
You deserved it 4 665

Same thing different taste

Comments

I was a bitch at that age, but not even CLOSE to that. I shall offer to slap the stupid out of him if you wish.

Does everyone have to play this card? Some kids are just ******* arseholes regardless of how they were raised. Some people who come from abusive families are the nicest people you could meet.

sacredeye73 11

Sounds like something you should be sharing with a shrink :-/

rayquaza5000 4

Has anyone failed to notice the fact OP said he took his son's queen five minutes into the game? He said he was going to "teach" his son how to play chess, but from the sound of it he was murdering his son in the game. OP should've considered the fact his son was ASKING to LEARN how to play not challenging him to the game. He should've been more considerate to the fact his son wasn't good or didn't really know how to play. But instead he decided to kill him? YDI for being a jerk of a father. When someone dones't know how to play a game and asks to learn, you arne't suppost to make them hate the game by killing them easily, you are suppost to help them understand how and to learn what moves they should and shouldn't make.

DoxIxHAVExTo 10

... Sooo I'm guessing that you would've acted the same way?

Sounds like my brother; whenever he lost a game he'd flip the entire board over and chuck pieces everywhere, yet when he won he wouldn't let you forget about it for the rest of the day.

sore loser...practice makes perfect...maybe playing easier or pointing out what his move did would help also...

ellytoad 13

Or not ending the game so quickly. I bet the OP went so fast her son couldn't keep up to begin with.

Bitch slap the kid and tell him to grow up. Chess is a gentlemen's game and there is no room for whinny little kids crying when they don't win

ellytoad 13

I think the reply-to-user function is broken.