Chill out, dude

By Anonymous - 14/08/2012 00:55 - Australia - Queanbeyan

Today, my son displayed an interest in chess, and asked me to teach him to play. Five minutes in, I captured his queen. He screamed "SCREW THIS STUPID GAME", slammed his fist down on his pieces, and started crying because of the pain. He's fourteen years-old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 039
You deserved it 4 665

Same thing different taste

Comments

Your son sounds like a baby-back-bitch... Just sayin.

DasHaas 9

How does someone ask to teach chess and then lose his queen 5 minutes later? You sound like a pretty poor teacher, even if your son's fit of rage is totally inappropriate.

I don't know if I can blame him entirely, chess is hard! I'm twenty-four, on the Dean's list with a 4.0 and I have yet to understand chess after many years of trying. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for a fourteen year old who is probably searching to find that one thing that they're good at.

PokeMyBelly 5

I can see why people call this a "sport"

He is 14. There may be something else that is bothering him and the fact that he sucks at chess just topped it all off.

Obviously he'll be angry..after all you captured his queen! :p

Should not have sheltered him for so long hahaha

Your son asked you to teach him how to play, bc he wants to learn from you and trusts you'll be able to effectively teach him how to improve. What you did didn't help, but see how you'll be able to help him get better at a quality past time you should be proud he even has an interest in. Don't just embarrass him at something you're obviously better at.

Most parents let their kid win the first game. Just saying.

My dad didn't. He played without the queen, though. I played my brother hundreds of times, too. I beat him after five years of playing. (My brother is eight years older than I). You don't understand the sense of accomplishment once you finally beat them.