Chill out, dude

By Anonymous - 14/08/2012 00:55 - Australia - Queanbeyan

Today, my son displayed an interest in chess, and asked me to teach him to play. Five minutes in, I captured his queen. He screamed "SCREW THIS STUPID GAME", slammed his fist down on his pieces, and started crying because of the pain. He's fourteen years-old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 039
You deserved it 4 665

Same thing different taste

Comments

Rocky007 15

He needs to know the rules of chess to fill in his cultural literacy, but beyond that he's right to never play it. Chess is a bad game. Had it been invented today, no one would play it, there are so many far better games out there now.

Oof. Knowing angsty 14 Year Olds, he's either going to: a.) Complain about it how difficult his life is on some blog (bonus points for Live Journal) b.) Try and look up chess cheat codes Hell, he's probably going to do both.

Don't let him play multiplayer games!

YDI. Why did you have to take his queen? You're supposed to be TEACHING him to play, not trying to beat him in five minutes. When I teach my kids to play something you go though all the moves but I don't try to humiliate him like you did. Chess is a very complicated game with different pieces moving different ways. All your fault. I hope he learns from someone who cares about him.

steveo97 0

127 beat me to the same comment

linkinpark98 23

Noob. You're supposed to slam your whole head down. Not just a fist.

AClassActx3 7

Sounds like he's a sore loser.. & way too old for a boy to be throwing tantrums.. You should fix that OP!

chryses 3

well, if he is a beginner.. you don't let them lose or that will happen.. you kinda deserve it.