Chill out, dude

By Anonymous - 14/08/2012 00:55 - Australia - Queanbeyan

Today, my son displayed an interest in chess, and asked me to teach him to play. Five minutes in, I captured his queen. He screamed "SCREW THIS STUPID GAME", slammed his fist down on his pieces, and started crying because of the pain. He's fourteen years-old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 039
You deserved it 4 665

Same thing different taste

Comments

He's 14 and it sounds like he's just trying to find his niche. Something he's good at. He thought it might be chess, and then got frustrated when he realized it wasn't. Chess is hard, and takes a certain kind of mind to get used to. I can understand what he going through.

Your child needs anger management classes and a dose of calm-the-hell-down.

CoffeeChickBlows 13

When the **** are people gonna realize how retarded that comment is?

jem970 19

How about you learn to spell? Ok? Ok. It is fault.

twisted_cherub 14

How is that a retarded statement? It could be teen hormones, but if this kid acts like that every time he doesn't get his way, it's definitely the fault of the parents. When a 6 y/o throws a screaming fit in the store to get candy everyone knows it's the parents' fault. When they continue to give in over the years to avoid the fits, instead of teaching the child discipline and the meaning of "no", a 14 y/o does things like rage quit games he/she is losing; or beat other kids up for things he/she wants; or sulking/crying every time he/she doesn't get his/her way. At 14 people say kids are old enough to know better, but how, if no one taught them better? If we're raised one way for 10, 11, 12,... years we don't suddenly know better over night.

twisted_cherub 14

OP, not saying this necessarily applies to you. Teenagers and hormones are awful.

TcheQ 12

Sounds normal. Allow him to take back his dumb moves, and point out to him obvious errors if you truly want him to learn. Teaching someone the basic rules then crushing them isn't enough.

You have to learn to be a good loser before you can be a good winner.

zuzupetalsYO 11

I call him the Anti-Dane. Good things will happen by his swollen hand. Just you wait.

KVKdragon 26

Sadly enough, this reminds me of how I used to be when I was growing up and Pokemon was just starting. I used to always throw down and break video game controllers in anger whenever I lost, whether they were my controllers or not ;(

getyourgeekon 8

Then, he fell out of his chair, curled up on the ground and screamed, "NOOOOOOOOOOO!" while tears streamed down his face.

If he is 14 and throwing fits like that,somewhere along the line you have failed as a parent.

I don't think he failed cause the generation of his son is horrible. And most of them are stupid.

Case in point! Read what you just wrote. If we want a better future,we need to raise better people!!!

The reason the generation is like that is because of the Internet and video games. Not because the parents raised them wrong.

Is that how he's going to act when his girlfriend gets stolen?