Chill out, dude

By Anonymous - 14/08/2012 00:55 - Australia - Queanbeyan

Today, my son displayed an interest in chess, and asked me to teach him to play. Five minutes in, I captured his queen. He screamed "SCREW THIS STUPID GAME", slammed his fist down on his pieces, and started crying because of the pain. He's fourteen years-old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 039
You deserved it 4 665

Same thing different taste

Comments

... Can your son and I be anger management buds? It sounds like we have a lot in common!

That's how you know your son will never be a chess master.

I heard Bobby Fisher started the same way.

saIty 17

I feel bad for the sap who chooses to play Monopoly with him.

KingCeltic77 18

Damnit! I commented the same thing and you beat me to the punch.

The way I learned was to play a bunch of games with only pawns then working my way up with more pieces. It must be hard to go and try to understand how to use each piece well at once.

How am I tough?? I slammed my fist down on chess pieces and only cried for 20 minutes!

perdix 29

Unless it's chess-boxing. You can be hurt twice as much.

Wait, so there's no crying in baseball OR chess??? Man, perdix, you're no fun.

(Wu, Tang, Wu, Tang, Wu, Tang, Wu, Tang!!!!) [Verse Six: Masta Killa] Homicide's illegal and death is the penalty What justifies the homicide, when he dies? In his own iniquity it's the Master of the Mantis Rapture coming at you.

Your son is fourteen? I'll bet it's hormones. They suck. FYL. Hope everything gets better :D

LittleGreenPaola 23

I agree with you. But it's also true that OP raised him

Sounds like a pretty bad knight, but it was a obviously a rookie mistake. You should have checked to make sure his temper wasn't so short, mate. Maybe you should teach your young oppawnent some sportsmanship first.

Curse my inability to thumbs-up on a mobile device!

anarchistpunk 3

Funny, because I just thumbed you down on a mobile device.

Anarchist punk I really enjoy your bio. I agree. Anarchism is the answer.