Catfished

By phonesage - 13/12/2010 20:29 - United States

Today, I went to meet the girl I'd been talking to online for a while, and fallen in love with. When I arrived at her house, my brother answered the door and took a picture of my shocked face. He and his girlfriend had planned the entire thing because I'm apparently the most gullible member of the family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 691
You deserved it 10 451

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ninjafriends 1

Let's hope you didn't fap to this "girl"

Comments

op ignore these assholes. and roofie your brother and his gf. then tie them to chairs and wait for them to wake up. while waiting get a shovel and then dig a small hole in the yard so it's dirty and looks freshly used, also while you are doing this roll in the dirt and then do some jumping jacks so that you look like you've been grave digging. then when they wake up punch your brother a few rimes in the balls and scream in his gf's face while pulling her hair. then when they both think they are about to die(extranpoints if one or both ***** or pisses themselves). take pictures of their shocked faces and begin laughing at them for being gullible. and remember: have fun but don't kill or permanently mame anyone :-)

quite_bored 9

There was a point where that could have been funny but you "mame"d it to the point it was no longer recognizable. At this time it has two thumbs up. Why.jpg

0opsie 6

... How often have you thought about doing this? It's creepy how detailed this is.

zp5 4

*reading that comment* ....... *walks away slowly*

**** dude, some sick imagination. You are probably one of those guys that makes a list of people in a diary, kills them, cuts of their hair and frames it. You killed this FML bro, you killed it...

generalasskicker 12

lol I have to give u props on the ndetail but I think in this situation it would be more prudent just to beat the **** out of the brother

Lmfao @ 80 That is some funny as shit! I could imagine your facial expression saying that shit. . .it's kak funny

0opsie 6

And that last sentence made the whole post worse: "Remember, have fun but don't kill them! *smiley*"

I like this, I shall go get a shovel now... better yet a bobcat, so I can tear up the front yard while I'm at it.

mariekentairo 0

My thoughts exactly. Either that or beat him up real good. That's what I would have done, though I've never been in a fight. I'm astonished by the comments here, how people don't understand the graveness of the humiliation. That level of humiliation is so bad I don't have words for it, I know because I've experienced similar situations, which have more or less broken me down and ****** up my life.

its was funny until you mentioned punching him in the balls especially a few times ... one is one too ma y...

FYLDeep 25

You should have known it was a trick. Did you really think there were people out there that like you?

0opsie 6

Wow, your brother's gonna make fun of you because of this forever.

YDI for falling in love with a girl that you never even met. Until you meet someone face to face you haven't met. Use the net and the phone for arranging dates, not falling in love.

My thoughts exactly. You never really know the true person behind the computer screen until you meet them.

That is true, but it is perfectly possible to fall in love. It is uncontrollable. I met my long-term (and long-distance) girlfriend on the internet, and I was fairly sure I loved her before we met.

I understand where you're coming from, but I still don't agree with it. I don't even believe in love at first sight. While love is uncontrollable, I believe you were in love with the idea of her rather than who she really is/was.

That is a fair point. I have to say my situation was quite different to the OP's, as well. I had known her for a long time as a great friend and then eventually we grew to feel for each other. So I did know her pretty well (and things like skype do help this), but I would admit I only truly knew her once we had physically met. But whether it was actual love or not, the seeds of love were at least there, and it all worked out well between us. So I can get slightly miffed when people dismiss the internet as a foundation for love. However, from reading between the lines of the OP, he was probably too quick to think of love. Still an FML though, because that's a hard 'prank' to have played on you.

Foundations of love? Sure, I can see that. But not really definite love until after you met. I can understand your situation better now.

aww :( I'm sorry that you have an ass for a brother... I can understand what you are feeling, my best friends boyfriend did the same thing to me. you should just disown your stupid brother and hit on his girlfriend ;)

0opsie 6

Well, his brother is an ass. But the girlfriend obviously doesn't like OP that much anyway, if she helped do this to him. :B

You're not even engaged to her; how are you a part of her family? She could drop you the next day.

Somewhere along the way... you got a little lost.

OP met her online...how is he saying that he is a part if the family?

Oh wow.... please do us all a favor and read the FML one more time. And if at second you don't succeed, then go shoot yourself in your foot.. Cough, I mean "try, try again."

CheshireHalli 19

Wow... The OP is saying he is the most gullible member of HIS (THE OP) family, not the girlfriend, or the fake girl's family. I do believe you got a little lost.

He's part of his own family, ya know, the one with his brother in it?

YDI for "falling in love" with someone you've never even met before.

kalejaxson 5

Sounds like they're right. YDI.