Catfished

By phonesage - 13/12/2010 20:29 - United States

Today, I went to meet the girl I'd been talking to online for a while, and fallen in love with. When I arrived at her house, my brother answered the door and took a picture of my shocked face. He and his girlfriend had planned the entire thing because I'm apparently the most gullible member of the family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 691
You deserved it 10 451

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ninjafriends 1

Let's hope you didn't fap to this "girl"

Comments

Your brother and his girlfriend have a very sadistic sense of humor. First of all, there's no logical reason why your brother would want his girlfriend attempting to seduce someone else, even if it *is* a relative and is only online. Obviously their relationship isn't very strong if they get so bored they're reduced to doing things like that. I'm sorry that you're related to such a jerk, but falling in love with someone online is never a good idea in the first place. If you haven't met them, you have no idea what they're really like. It's incredibly easy to create and uphold a completely fake persona online. Hope you find a girl in RL who suits you.

jade_emily02 1

you lust for your brother :/

cmahlerballer 0

Dumbo wonder how long it took you to fall in love

Ask him how that makes you gullible. It doesnt. It just makes him and his **** of a girlfriend a pair of jackasses.

YDI I don't understand how someone can "fall in love" with someone they've never even met

As much as this sucks for you, a big YDI for never Skyping or video chatting with the person before meeting them let alone falling in love with them. I voted both because it was a cruel joke but you need to be more careful on the internet as well. It could have easily been a stranger lying the whole time Internet loves and relationships are tricky enough, personal experience here, so don't be so foolish next time.

Screw them both. A very slight bit of YDI, simply for not being wary of a catfish or something similar, but mostly that was a dick move.

randybryant799 20

Fell in love with?? That's absurd. You never even met her. I think it's all in your mind. And didn't the address tip you off ?