Exhausted

By FML - 24/07/2014 15:59 - United States - Virginia Beach

Today, I had a rough day and was extremely tired. I took a nap on the couch, and woke up to a guy robbing my house. I pretended I was still sleeping, waiting a chance to grab him or run out safely. I ended up falling back asleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 527
You deserved it 24 294

Same thing different taste

Top comments

colton_colton 49

Well atleast he didn't hurt you. Hope the robber gets caught OP

That really sucks. I wouldn't really say you deserve it, considering the robber could have been violent if they noticed you were awake, but how could you feel comfortable enough to fall back asleep?

Comments

colton_colton 49

Well atleast he didn't hurt you. Hope the robber gets caught OP

I'm sure the robber will get caught if he/she isn't able to see somebody is sleeping on the couch.. I doubt they even checked if anybody was in any of the rooms. OP YDI for not taking action, even more so because you fell back asleep.

This is why I sleep with a baseball bat behind my bed

ash0158 15

Too bad bats behind beds don't help when you're on your couch.

That's okay, OP, I go to sleep when I don't feel like dealing with things too.

I sleep with my replica elder wand on my nightstand. It makes me feel better..

Gingerette 8

I try to keep a fixed blade knife in every room of the house, and under my pillow.

OP needs to become a ninja. Then he can attack in his sleep.

The bright side is OP wasn't robbed of a couch.

OP must have been super tired, how do you fall back asleep after being startled like that?!

YawMoney 14

#63 And #74, it says "extremely tired" in the FML

That really sucks. I wouldn't really say you deserve it, considering the robber could have been violent if they noticed you were awake, but how could you feel comfortable enough to fall back asleep?

He was already being robbed of material possessions, the last thing OP wants is to be robbed of his nap as well.

Some people sleep through earthquakes, you slept through a robbery.

I slept through a rocket launch into space. The whole trailer shook and I slapped my dad in the face when he woke up.

Oh a guy is stealing all my stuff? Possibly with guns or a very big knife? Possibly getting stabbed/shot? **** that I'm going back to sleep

see you need to sleep with a gun so you dont have time to fall back asleep and ydi for fallimg asleep i mean it was a potentially life threatening situation no excuse not matter how tired

Your spelling and grammar is a potential life-threatening situation...

MzZombicidal 36

A gun would have just escalated things to a whole new level. OP didn't get hurt and only lost material objects that, no matter the price, can be replaced. Unlike a life.

well the sleep with a gun was a joke because lets face it thats just stupid to do and yes my spelling and grammar do suck because i have big thumbs and click the wrong key sometimes so sue me

I sleep with a replica of the Elder Wand in Harry Potter on my nightstand. I find it a comfortable substitute to a gun. I also have my sonic screwdriver on my bookshelf. I'm sufficiently armed.

A gun is not a bad idea to sleep with if it's safely contained, ie in the night stand etc

DontClickOnMe 28

54: It's weird that you're correcting 7 on their grammar, when you have also made a mistake. =)

Your life is more important then your items, be blessed u weren't hurt in the robbery. But that's still a FML.

Dude, I had the weirdest dream. *looks around* F@$k!