Not a sponsored post, honest

By Superwoman678 - 27/10/2020 05:01 - Canada

Today, I found out that I'm pregnant. This brings me bad news and good news. The bad news, I'm a vegetarian. The good news, I finally know why I've been craving Big Macs for the last two weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 544
You deserved it 847

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like your body is craving a meaty protein rich burger to help give your baby all the nutrients it needs. But if your going to break your vegetarianism, you can do so much better than Maccas.

Comments

Congratulations! You can totally make a veg version of a Big Mac at home.

Sounds like your body is craving a meaty protein rich burger to help give your baby all the nutrients it needs. But if your going to break your vegetarianism, you can do so much better than Maccas.

If you want to raise your kid as a vegetarian, I'd suggest stuffing yourself with Big Macs until you give birth. My mom craved minted lamb when she was pregnant with me, and I've never been able to stand it.

This isn’t the first time I’ve heard of vegetarian/vegan moms having meat cravings during their pregnancy. Some just “give in” to what their body wants for the baby and then go back to being meatless after the birth

this is just nature's way of saying you need meat to survive and be healthy and remember you cannot put a child on a vegetarian diet otherwise they will end up with a bunch of health issues

diraven 15

Might be a sign of a deficiency. Consult a doctor, obgyn, dietician, registered medical professional etc. If you want to continue your lifestyle then you'll probably have to find a lot of suitable substitutes since a baby takes one hell of a toll on your body.

Yummi_913 18

I second this. I lean toward a vegetarian diet just out of interest for those kinds of foods, but whenever my b12 dips I constantly crave massive burgers and steaks. It became a constant thing when I was pregnant too because my deficiencies were way more prevalent.

I'd recommend talking to your doctor about this. it may seem silly, but pregnancy cravings are usually because your body needs something specific that that food has, probably protein this case. Your doctor should be able to tell you some vegetarian-friendly alternatives or tell you how to safely start eating meat again (going from eating no meat to eating meat suddenly can actually make you pretty sick).