Birth certificate

By figures - 29/11/2009 01:53 - United States

Today, I found out I've been misspelling my middle name for 25 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 402
You deserved it 40 549

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's alright. My parents never told me how to spell mine. I just made it up and decided how I wanted it pronounced too. It's not a common name though. I've never heard of something similar to it.

Comments

I'm about to turn 25 and I spell my middle name incorrectly. Except the main difference between the OP and me is it sounds like he realized he had been spelling it wrong due to his own error, my middle name just happens to actually be spelled wrong on the birth certificate.

sharon_ellj 0

How the hell did you do that?

My middle name was misspelled on my birth certificate and had to be changed by deedpoll. :|

omg. that is so wierd. i found out that i spelt my middle name wrong on the same day too when i was looking through some pic albums. ive been doing this for the past 15 years. freaky. anyways, my mid name has an o in it and i always thought it was a u. this is so wierd. i was going to post it on fm tool.

Not only did you misspell 'weird' two times, you also wrote 'a u' and put on an extra 'l' at the end of your comment. You also fail to use capital letters. You having misspelled your name isn't much of a surprise.

My sister found out she's been misspelling her first name all along too. At 16, when she finally took a good look at her social security card. She's like a stranger to me now...................

It doesn't matter if you spell your middle name wrong, it's useless anyway. If you misspelled your first or last name, then it would be a fml, right now I don't vote.

I work at the Social Security Administration. Trust me, there are like a million people out there who don't know how to spell their middle names, or their first names, or their kids names. They don't know their kids' birthdays, their own phone numbers, or their wedding anniversaries. Lots don't even know their actual legal names- their record says one thing, but they insist that they "go by" something totally different. If ever you are pondering how people can do such stupid things in America, remember that so many people just are really absolutely stupid.

perdix 29

Oh, BFD. My daughter's middle name is spelled as often with one 'L' as it is with two. We chose the double-L version, but if down the road, she wants the single-L one, we're not going to get all wound up about it.