Biker troubles

By Crotch_Rocket_Rider - 06/10/2009 17:33 - United States

Today, when approaching a stop light on my motorcycle, I went to extend my left leg as usual to balance when stopped. Apparently my shoelace loop got wrapped around the shift lever and "tied" my shoe to the bike. It's hard to look cool when you fall over for no apparent reason at a stoplight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 686
You deserved it 7 725

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pancakes_n_syrup 0

Well at least you tried... I would have just watched and said FHL to the person inside

...You ride crotch rockets? Or should I dig my mind out of the gutter? Anyway... Pictured this and laughed hard.

Comments

yeah, umm, definitely consider investing in laceless, over the ankle footwear, sturdy-fabric footwear for riding... that could've been a much worse FML that you might not've been around to post :(

Yes, this. All The Gear, All The Time. The better one is *forgetting to put your feet down entirely* and falling over. I haven't done that one but I know people who have. On the other hand, one of the things I try to do to keep myself amused in urban traffic is to see if I can roll up to stoplights very, very slowly so I don't have to put my foot down before the light turns green. :-)

Aahahah, I laughed my ass off picturing this happening. Way to go.

Hahaha at least they didn't see your face.. unless you weren't wearing a helmet. That's why I only use my lacoste shoes (velcro'd) when I ride my dad's bike!!!

I wish I was the car stopped behind you when this happened. Seriously I never laugh at FML's but this one really made me laugh! Thanks!

well, i guess that's why some people (myself included) wear leather boots. mine don't have laces. though, luckily, on the rare occasion i wear my tennis shoes, that hasn't happened... yet.. lol sorry for your misfortune. i'm a fellow rider, so i know how you feel.

wellinever 5

If you want to look cool on a bike wear ALL the gear. Gloves, Jacket, overpants, helmet and in this instance Biker boots. It doesn't just look good. It's all there for a reason as you soon discover anytime you fall. YDI for wearing lace up shoes. You're lucky you didn't get your foot torn off.

would so have loved to see that happen. Pref. while baked. LOL

foobarbaz 0

Why the **** are you wearing shoes with laces on a motorcycle?! Never heard of motorcycle boots? Dumbass.