Follow your dreams

By Anonymous - 17/03/2023 10:00

Today, despite me being a master-level carpenter, and my art sells for thousands, I heard my mom telling her snobby friends how embarrassed she is of me because I’m “basically unemployed” and waste my time on “hobby crafts” like a teenage nerd instead of getting “a real job” and finding a wife. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 080
You deserved it 111

Same thing different taste

Top comments

From your description of your mother, anything that isn’t a doctor, lawyer or investment banker was never going to be good enough. And that’s her problem, not yours.

so just tell them that they "probably couldn't afford your work" with your nose way up in the air. mwaahaaaa!

Comments

Well, now you know what your next project is, a throne made of money.

so just tell them that they "probably couldn't afford your work" with your nose way up in the air. mwaahaaaa!

From your description of your mother, anything that isn’t a doctor, lawyer or investment banker was never going to be good enough. And that’s her problem, not yours.

Sell your work to all of her friends (and charge what is truly worth no price breaks for family friends). Then let them tell your mother that you are much more successful than she realizes.

Tell your mom's friends that you're self-employed and try to sell them your art. Make an ornate coffin with your mom's name on it and put it on display at the local art museum with the title "Bitch Box"

That was a nasty thing for your mom to say. I wish I had your skills!

Your mom would probably tell Jesus he's "basically unemployed" and is "wasting his time on hobby crafts like a teenage nerd". And where's His wife?

I can see that, and then He would probably just smile and forgive her for her behavior.

You are well-carved, you got this, let me give you a slant. You got the skills to pay the bills, but see it she can't. Let her be, move up, move on.

Call a friend, wait until your mom is in the room, and ask your friend, "I'm planning for the future. What is the cheapest NURSING HOME in ALASKA?"

Go buy a really expensive Rolex and brag endlessly to her about it the way she brags to her friends. Bonus points for really femme delivery.