Big Grandma

By fmylifechelsea - 27/04/2009 19:41 - Canada

Today, I was taking my boyfriend to meet my grandparents. They live on the 27th floor. Alone in the elevator we started making out. Turns out that there's a camera in the elevator, connected to every apartment. My grandma asked me how it was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 073
You deserved it 19 554

Same thing different taste

Top comments

trixr4kids 0

sounds like some nice apartments what with a camera security system installed in every room. shit.

I don't understand why every room needs a elevator cam. Is it some sort of fortress?

Comments

I agree with calling fake. That's wrong on so many levels. A lot of people make out in elavators. Having a cam linked to every room for whatever perv wants to watch people make out or maybe see a cleavage shot is ******* messed up hardcore. There's no reason to have cameras visible from all rooms. A security office, sure, but not private residences. Maybe even one right outside your door so you can see who is at your door. But this... This has to violate some... privacy laws. A woman could be adjusting her bra, or any number of things. It's too sick for me to actually believe it.

Don_fml 0

I call BS. It's quite possible, even probable that the elevators have cameras, however they're connected to a recording device (VCR, DVD-R, DVR or some such) and may or may not be monitored by an actual live security guard. No way is it connected to all the apartments.

Fake. Doesn't exist. That would be utterly ridiculous. Waste of time, money, and materials. Also serious violation of privacy.

at least she's interested in your sex life

could be worse, you could be having sex with him or something and i would just say ' it was DAMNNNN good"

pinkducttape 0

so - you didnt know your grandparents apartments had cameras or you didnt realize your grandparents would see the video footage? at least you didnt get lectured or something. still embarrassing though.

Man, there are a lot of ignorant house-dwellers here. As far as I am concerned, in almost every single elevator I have been on, be it residential, commercial, or what have you, there are security cameras. In addition, it is by no means uncommon to have the feed for those cameras linked to residents' televisions. In fact, I lived in one of those apartments. If you ever lived in a city, you would understand that security is a major concern, and a big problem in residential flats is the fact that it is so easy for sketchy people to come and go into buildings as they please. Fire escapes are a prime hangout place for them. No, elevator cameras are NOT creepy. I would put money down that this FML is NOT fake. Come on, you guys. FML is meant for entertainment, and scrutinizing each post for its validity does nobody any good.

For all the people calling "fake" quick googling of "elevators condo monitored" popped up the following from this condo: "Guests must be rung in by residents, while homeowners have easy access to the building with their own HID cards. Common vestibules, hallways, elevator, and parking area for condo owners are monitored by security camera systems that may be accessed on television from the comfort of their home." (emphasis added). So, it very well could be true. Remember just because something may be a "Waste of time, money, and materials. Also serious violation of privacy" doesn't mean that someone hasn't it done it.

crunkkidz 0

Who cares if it's fake? Jeeez, lighten up a little, people! haha and LOL # 50