Big Grandma

By fmylifechelsea - 27/04/2009 19:41 - Canada

Today, I was taking my boyfriend to meet my grandparents. They live on the 27th floor. Alone in the elevator we started making out. Turns out that there's a camera in the elevator, connected to every apartment. My grandma asked me how it was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 073
You deserved it 19 554

Same thing different taste

Top comments

trixr4kids 0

sounds like some nice apartments what with a camera security system installed in every room. shit.

I don't understand why every room needs a elevator cam. Is it some sort of fortress?

Comments

is...that even legal? For the people in their rooms to be able to see what's going on in the elevators? :|

Honestly making out is nowhere near the worst thing you could have done in that elevator. So unless there was some serious touching or some actual sex there, I don't see how this really merits an FML. I mean, it sucks I'm sure, but usually the FMLs that get onto this site are pretty big ones. I just don't think this fits. Also, I think there's a law or something that if you do have security cameras monitoring people you need to have signs somewhere saying the property is being monitored. Of course the signs probably don't have to mention that residents can see the camera feed too. I also agree it's a bit of a privacy invasion just because you tend to feel safe alone in an elevator. They should monitor the halls instead. As long as they have cameras to show you who is outside your door I don't see why they need them in elevators.

All I have to say to all the people calling this fake, just because of the security camera live feed, is "wow." Really, that's all I have to say. Also, to the people saying this isn't that bad, remember that EVERY apartment can see what's going on in the elevator, and this sounds like a huge complex (27 floors, at least). I know I'd be embarrassed if potentially hundreds of people had just seen me make out with my girlfriend. That, however, brings up a bigger objection to this FML than other have said: what kind of 27-story tall building would only have one elevator in it? I guess the residents could toggle through multiple security cameras, but it seems weird that the OP's grandmother would be watching the one with them in it.

jumpgurl23 0

uh thats a little bit of creeper status.

what the hell? i don't think residents would have access to the elevator surveillance camera. i call bullshit.

I love how so many of these are moderated.... oh what could they have said....

to #78: It's possible that the happy couple rung the bell to the granny at the main entrance, and it's just a nice and sweet thing to do to make sure you get in and out of the elevator safe! I'm now in Hong Kong where people can live as high up as 50th floor and it's very common for all security cameras fed through TV antenna to all apartments just in one screen. I'm actually amazed when I read people calling it fake! Also a big NO to everyone calling it intrusion of privacy, elevators are a public place within a private property: it's public to everyone living in that property.