Best buds

By anonymous - 23/01/2012 15:59 - United States

Spicy
Today, my girlfriend told me we've just been fuck buddies for the entire year we've been "together." This wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't working up the courage to propose to her on our anniversary. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 014
You deserved it 5 140

Same thing different taste

Top comments

138 - "been married for almost a year and have a 6 month old daughter" Your oh so long marriage record AND the fact that you were pregnant AT LEAST 3 months before you got married CLEARLY shows that you are the *perfect* person to give advice on this subject!

Comments

GoW_Chick 14

Damn that's awful, there must of been a huge lack of communication, or something, next time make sure you are on the same level as your partner in a relationship.

fattylumptard 1

Alright it was fun while it lasted but people are starting to catch on so I'm done attacking what you say.

Must have been a pretty huge lack of communication if it went close to a year lol

CuteDumBlonde64 11

There are plenty of fich in the sea my friend. but for the mean time, just have fun with her. (if you know what I mean) ;)

ShroomsOnAcid 16

I wich I had a fich in my empty dich. :(

I love how CuteDumBlonde64 couldn't even spell her name right... *Dumb

GoW_Chick 14

I think she was trying to be clever, and use the last 'b' in dumb as the first in blonde, but it just ended making me believe her name is right.

GoW_Chick 14

Seeing as you're a girl yourself implying all girls are ***** may not be the best move...

Hey it takes a **** to spot a ****. And having one is optional these days I know a few men who are *****.

I have to admit: you combined classlessness in with your wild generalisations with such style. Lets put this simply, shall we? Everybody has the capacity to be a ****, bitch, bastard, twat, arse, dick, tosser, wanker or turd; however not everybody acts on it.

I never said all girls are *****, so nice try

Damn, nobody used their brain on this website. I never specifically said all girls are *****. So hop offff

Damn, nobody used their brain on this website. I never specifically said all girls are *****. So hop offff

I agree. But it's obvious not all cats are yellow, just like its obvious not all girls are *****. I'm not one, and that statement is irreverent anyway since I don't even know all the girls in the world. Maybe you just need to think outside the box a little bit.

GoW_Chick 14

Maybe you should learn how to spell *irrelevant before you tell someone their comment is so. So what's your world like, anything like the rest of ours...?

GoW_Chick 14

Edit: The latter part of my comment doesn't make sense now because she changed "my world" to "the world", sorry for the mishap, feel free to thumb me down.

@184 We can think outside the box, we can't think inside the stupid. 1. If you are making a statement that could possibly be misconstrued, do whatever you can to make it clear! So say 'some girls are *****'. If you leave off the qualifier, people think you mean 'all' because that is the most common usage. English has rules for a reason: because it helps to clearly communicate messages. 1a. If you break the rules of English, or any language, it has to be done for a reason - to make one consider the use of the rule, for the beauty of the language, et cetera. Leaving out 'some' didn't make me consider the usage of the rule 'no qualifier = all', and it didn't make any of us consider the beauty of the language. It did make you seem like a dumb misogynist, but that's another matter. 2. If you don't want to be constrained by the rules of English, go learn French! Or Japanese! Or Polish! How about Afrikaans? Some other language out of the hundreds out there! Or just go and construct your own damn language with its own rules.

Dust clings to my lamp Commenter on website does Not get word usage. Little clunky, but I think it illustrates my point.

It's not our job to make sense of your idiotic comments.

IdfkMyUsernamexC 5

14 - You were asking for a thumbs down with your ugly comment. So you got one. Congratulations! Idiotic loser. Or ****.. Whichever works for you. Or not. Who gives a **** right?

*Considers Chili's comment at 211, decides to not over shadow it with his own*. ;) (Teasing Chili, all in good fun!) ;P

Maybe OPs too clingy and couldn't realize the signs, if so YDI

pinkcrayola 0

If OP was too clingy she could have just broken up with him. She didn't have to be a bitch about it.

I think you should have noticed after a year if you were dating or not

Proposing after a year of being together is imho way too soon. That being said, she's an incredible big jerk, she must have known that you thought it was serious. Boy, did she play with your feelings.

But now I am rereading the FML and I wonder why 'this wouldn't be so bad' stands in there. If you weren't going to propose, wouldn't you mind that she saw you as a simple fuckbuddy? Really? (Pssh, who knows who else was her fuckbuddy)

21 -- depends on the ages of he parties involved. My husband and I married after just over a year of dating. We were both in our late 20's and knew what we wanted. We have been happily married for 13 years

29 - I thought OP said that he was "working up the courage to propose to her" ?

Yeah 37? What's your point? 30, noooo, I don't want to hear all the relationship-exceptions where the partners knew eachother for a couple of months, got married and still live happily ever after. I'm very happy for you, I really am, but proposing so early is a bad idea for the average couple, age doesn't matter. I believe many divorces could be avoided if both partners had the patience to wait a couple of years longer. If you think you will love eachother for ever, why rush it? Besides of that, it's obvious that OP went too soon if he didn't even notice that his girlfriend didn't love him. Or she must have been a good actress.

Okay well then how about this little scenario: two people who have known each other most of their lives and then decide to start dating. They know just about everything about each other and have already met and are very close to each other's families. They Had already lived together with a couple other friends, but decided to get an apartment together after 3 months. They see each other's bad habits, have accepted them, and aren't bothered by them in the least. After a year they have no doubts in their mind that they love each other and can spend their lives together. Still too short of a time?

29- I think he put in the "this wouldn't be so bad" line to try and be clever. A lot of people on here do it- I've noticed it's in a good 30% of the FMLs posted.

21, Not necessarily. He may have been the one reading it all wrong. Just because she wasn't as emotionally invested doesn't mean she should have noticed he was. It was poor communication all round, but especially on his part. For her it didn't mean as much and communication isn't overly important for that kind of relationship. For him, communication is a fundamental part of a good relationship.

54 - pretty sure you have just been hurt too many time and are bitter about love because you've never seen true love. Just wrecked marriages, and people that didn't know what they wanted or the meaning of love.

Djeezes, since when is having common sense the same as not knowing what love is? I'm in a happy relationship for almost four years now, still not married and (omfg) we don't have children yet! Two people who wait with marriage until they are for 300% certain that they can happily live with eachother in the same house without wanting to kill the other one. The horror!

Really? A year. You guys never talked bout your relationship was going? Guess you just floated along. That sucks

bestscabpicker 6

Not sure why you are bummed??? You didn't waste money on a ring nor time on someone who considers herself a F#&k buddy, and you got to get laid on a regular basis, I just hope it was good and you didn't catch anything!! Go find someone who deserves a nice guy who wants more than a ?? *****!

She probably has other **** buddies on the side as well if that is how she sees your 1 year relationship. Find yourself someone worth your time. FYL if she is not your ex already.

DontClickOnMe 28

Well at least you found out before you proposed. Now you can look for a girl that's actually worth your time.