Great story man, but…

By hapless - 16/01/2009 07:27 - United Kingdom

Today, I was late for work and took a taxi. The driver told me he tried to commit suicide recently. I listened to him for 20 minutes, sat outside my workplace with the meter off. He charged me £5.80 and my boss gave me a warning for being late. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 274
You deserved it 3 432

Same thing different taste

Top comments

just know you did the right thing. you can't REALLY blame the boss tho, he's doing his job. Yea, its crappy, but just know karma owes you one and you only got a warning.

christopherlove 0

How did he get played by the driver if the meter was off? I don't get the point in telling us how much he charged you, since you clearly state the meter was not running after he stopped.

Comments

frozenshake 5

yeah op, you're a good person plus, you got good karma points :D

No good deed goes unpunished. F- the Man. Seriously.

just know you did the right thing. you can't REALLY blame the boss tho, he's doing his job. Yea, its crappy, but just know karma owes you one and you only got a warning.

i am the only one who sees that you obviously got played by the driver?

christopherlove 0

How did he get played by the driver if the meter was off? I don't get the point in telling us how much he charged you, since you clearly state the meter was not running after he stopped.

I think gBizzle misread it. he probably thought the driver left the meter running and then kept talking. That's what I thought at first too because I also misread it.

I read it right the first time, then! Yay, my dyslexia didn't **** with me!

FYLkid 0

Good for you for listening to him. Seeing as you just got a warning tells me that you are usually on time. You probably won't come across this again so just keep coming on-time.

The point he is trying to make hear is thy he got charged £5.80 when he should be charged 0.00 for listening to the Driver for 20mins. But you did a nice thing.

At least he turned the meter off. It would have been an worse FML if he kept the meter on.

feel good about doing the right thing :) you just might've saved his life

megamandude455 10

so uh in the uk, an American dollar is a uk funny looking L. so what's the cent, an ounce? as in 5 pounds 80 ounces? lol

You don't know what the English currency is? Silly boy. £1 Sterling= $1.46 1 Pence= 1 Cent

#15, Are you serious? The 'funny looking L' is the pound sign. Not the sign the UK uses for dollars. For that we use the same sign as you - the odd looking S - $. It's pounds and pence for money. Pounds and ounces is the imperial measure of weight.

Are you serious or trolling? Because that's just ridiculously stupid.