Belter

By Anonymous - 11/10/2010 22:29 - Canada

Today, I attended a musical. A new song was played, and I thought I'd heard it before because it sounded strangely familiar. I sang along quietly as the song progressed, positive I knew it. Anticipating the next chorus, I belted out the lyrics with all my heart. It was instrumental. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 005
You deserved it 49 543

Same thing different taste

Top comments

needleinmypants_fml 3

YDI loser. people paid to hear them play not to hear you fail.

Well, I guess that's one way to audition!

Comments

Nyc__Princess 0

This may just be my opinion, but I think it would be rude for someone in the audience to be belting out the songs. Be respectful to the people on stage...

This. I'm in choir, and if someone did this in a concert (even if we were still singing) my director would not be happy. And we'd probably make fun of that person for a while... So if you're mortified, you are rightfully so. But hey, you'll live it down. Just don't join in next time you're in a musical.

tiger69 0

even if you were singing the correct song, that's quite possibly the rudest thing you could do while attending a musical

birds_fml 7

So YOU'RE that self-centered asshole who thinks everyone else wants to hear them sing, when they paid good money to go to a live show! Jesus. What are you, 3?

Did you continue to sing or did you get kicked out by the audience via peaceful harmonic mob?

swosugirl 0

unlike all of these other jerks, I feel bad for you. I could totally see my self doing this and I would be horribly out of tune!!!

sam555100 4

Singing at musicals is totally inappropriate. People pay LOTS of money to go to them. Singing along will get you kicked out of the theatre, and it is also quite possibly the rudest gesture an audience member can do to a cast member.

How could you not have noticed that the song was instrumental.