Barely legal

By Anonymous - 31/03/2021 05:00

Today, my husband told me that he and my cousin had been seeing each other for the past two months. The cousin I took in because my aunt kicked her out for dropping out of high school. I’ve clothed, fed and paid bills for this homewrecker. She’s barely 18. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 621
You deserved it 157

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The homewrecker here isn't your cousin, who is barely an adult and 100% dependent on you and your husband, but is in fact your husband who a) is the one who made the promise of monogamy to you and b) is taking advantage of a young woman who is under his responsibility and who probably felt that saying no would threaten her livelihood/is flattered an older man is interested in her. She's just barely 18. I get that you feel betrayed but why don't you turn those feelings toward your husband who not only cheated on you, but also took advantage of a young woman, barely an adult, who depends on him for a home and food.

vadarose 12

Your cousin is barely 18 your husband should have known better considering he’s the adult in this situation. There’s already such a huge power imbalance because of the fact that your cousin is dependent on you and your husband for shelter and food. Your cousin was taken advantage of by your husband. And honestly this sounds so suspect considering the fact that I’m pretty sure your husband had known your cousin before she turned 18 and was kinda just “waiting” for that before he pounced. Your cousin still has her high school mentality, your husband is the adult he should have acted like one.

Comments

tounces7 27

Yeah, they haven't been "seeing each other". They've been banging. I doubt he hangs out with her anywhere outside the bedroom, because an older, grown adult generally doesn't share a lot in common with an 18 year old.

i mean they live together so he probably hangs out with her at the dinner table and in front of the tv

The homewrecker here isn't your cousin, who is barely an adult and 100% dependent on you and your husband, but is in fact your husband who a) is the one who made the promise of monogamy to you and b) is taking advantage of a young woman who is under his responsibility and who probably felt that saying no would threaten her livelihood/is flattered an older man is interested in her. She's just barely 18. I get that you feel betrayed but why don't you turn those feelings toward your husband who not only cheated on you, but also took advantage of a young woman, barely an adult, who depends on him for a home and food.

let's not take all the responsibility off the girl. it's mostly the husband's fault though especially because the girls dependant on them. like it's 95% the husband's fault but the girl could have told the wife.

The girl, who is 100% dependent on the wife, should tell the wife that the husband is ******* a minor? As if the wife won't kick the poor girl out for it. So now kid is homeless, again, because husband wanted to **** a kid. And this is the kids fault??

vadarose 12

Your cousin is barely 18 your husband should have known better considering he’s the adult in this situation. There’s already such a huge power imbalance because of the fact that your cousin is dependent on you and your husband for shelter and food. Your cousin was taken advantage of by your husband. And honestly this sounds so suspect considering the fact that I’m pretty sure your husband had known your cousin before she turned 18 and was kinda just “waiting” for that before he pounced. Your cousin still has her high school mentality, your husband is the adult he should have acted like one.

I feel for you the same thing happened with my brother and my wife after I took him in so he and his son wouldn't be homeless it's always a double whammy when it's family involved I'm sorry your'e going through this

so sorry for your situation but it sounds like your husband has been grooming your cousin for a while not to mention your cousin probably felt pressured because she didn't want to be homeless

F your cousin's life, being groomed and taken advantage of by a grown man and then having her actual family blame her instead of him.

Yall disgust me jumping to conclusions with 0 context. The cousin very much could have seduced him. Yeah shes barely 18 so what. Are you trying to tell me based on the context here that a 17 year old had no idea she was sleeping with her cousins husband? Everyones on the he took advantage of her train with 0 context that was the case. Also shes barely 18 seeing each other for 2 months. You can be 18 for 2 months and still be considered barely 18. So all you judgmental bitches need to chill the **** out you have 0 context for this post. blah blah she was groomed but no context to suggest that

tounces7 27

Wait....you're not saying someone who thinks it's not inherently wrong to sleep with a legal adult is a pedo are you? I mean he's in the wrong here because of him being married, but not due to her age. People can sleep with whoever the **** they want so long as they're both legal consenting adults.

Your ******* husband is a PEDOPHILE!!

tounces7 27

That's not what a pedo is. If he was grooming her that's one thing, but she may well have moved in after she'd already turned 18. It doesn't say how long she was living there.

Nhayaa2.0 17

As a french person, I found the beginning very interesting. But I eventually remembered that, in english, you have no gender so "cousin" is both male and female when in french we have "cousin/cousine". Then the FML lost all of its interest.

your husband is a predator and possibly groomed your cousin. Was he too physically weak to say no, this is wrong.