By markovitchpresto - 07/12/2013 00:38 - Madagascar

Today, I threw up when I got home because I'd been drinking with friends. My parents asked what was going on, so I had two choices: say that I was sick or tell the truth. It’s been an hour since my mom started trying to give me a suppository to cure my “indigestion”. FML
I agree, your life sucks 505
You deserved it 385

Top comments

You're old enough to tell them to **** off.

if you have to lie about drinking , you're too young to be drinking

Comments

Lies will always come back to bite you in the ass… and you're lucky if they stop there. (Also, if you're having trouble commenting on this world FML, use the site and not the app.)

Not always, you just have to know what you're doing. Being goody two shoes bites you in the ass too. People can take advantage of you and you be one of the "yes man" doormats.

Yes, I'm aware. The "lies always bite you in the ass" was just setup for an allusion to suppositories, not an actual categorically true fact. Simply not getting wasted doesn't make somebody a "goody two shoes"—I'm amazed we have insults for people who actually try to be good. Now we just need some for people who wear clean cloths or people who are good at cooking—so I'm not entirely sure how relevant your tangent about being taken advantage of is.

Ayasha - I'm not aware of anyone ever getting bitten in the ass by NOT drinking to the point of uncontrollable vomiting. Nor was I aware that staying in control of your liquor made others regard you as a doormat. But what the hell do I know. Maybe that's just my overwhelming naïveté talking.

I'm sure the parents know anyways. The sickening sweet smell of a very drunk person is very distinctive when you are sober.

i hope you actually get a sickness you lying scumbag

Wow , it's only alcohol...What's so bad about that? it's not like we have not all done it

I can't tell if you're criticizing the OP for the drinking, the lying, or both, but either way, it doesn't make them a "scumbag," I wouldn't go that far. Everyone lies sometimes, and if you say you don't, you're lying. Also, if they have to lie about it, it seems the OP is probably underage, and while underage drinking is illegal and wrong, it doesn't mean they're a bad person. Most people drink, and quite a few first try it out while underage. They're teens, sometimes they do stupid stuff, but that in no way makes them a "scumbag."

if you have to lie about drinking , you're too young to be drinking

I'm 28, but my parents are hardcorely against booze. Am I too young to be drinking too...?

You're old enough to tell them to **** off.

A majority of people drink underage. Depending on the age it's typically no big deal. In Canada is 19, parts of Europe 18, America 21. Plus I'm sure some of yall who agree with the comment also smoke weed. Also OP could be of legal drinking age but their parents are against it. Nothing wrong with living at your parents in your early 20s depending of circumstances.

countryb_cth 38

Parts of Europe are actually 16 for beer and wine and the majority of Canada is actually 18.

Drink pedialyte until you feel better :)

The truth only hurts if you fear it. I hope you've learnt your lesson, OP.

chill99 15

Hahaha!! Your mom knows exactly why you have "indigestion", and she's teaching you a lesson.

Lct1196 31

yeah, you can definitely smell the alcohol if you're throwing up. pretty sure your mom is ******* with you to teach you a lesson, in which case, your mom is ******* awesome.

so i guess there's no pepto in the house

she knows she is probably just punish you

aesthetic umbrella 18

YDI for lying about drinking. You sound like you're underage, too; there's really reason to be that scared about telling your parents.

aesthetic umbrella 18

ugh I meant to say "no reason for being that scared"

Who the **** goes to a suppository as their first cure for indigestion?

someone who knows thier kid is lying about being drunk and is messing with them.

Could be their culture. Some have really weird or messed up (to us) solutions to ailments. Though my doctor recommended one to me when every other typical medicine wouldn't calm my stomach or bowels. It worked well, it was just humiliating and uncomfortable to have put in by a parent.