By Dogmom - 18/12/2018 17:30

Today, I couldn’t tell that my puppy had an upset stomach before I left for work. I came home to her covered in shit inside her crate. After cleaning her up and almost being done with the mess, my husband found where she had tried to lick herself clean and then vomited it up in our bedroom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 251
You deserved it 277

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What was OP supposed to do? Let a puppy roam unsupervised for 8-9 hours? As long as the crate is an appropriate size, it isn’t cruel to crate train a dog.

So, you cleaned her crate before you cleaned her, and also let her roam the house covered in poop? Well, on the plus side, you now know that you aren't the brightest bulb in batch, and that knowledge probably has some value in it.

Comments

Awww poor pup :( and poor you! Sorry you all had to go through that. Hope she’s feeling better!

So, you cleaned her crate before you cleaned her, and also let her roam the house covered in poop? Well, on the plus side, you now know that you aren't the brightest bulb in batch, and that knowledge probably has some value in it.

If you read it says “after I cleaned HER up.”

Yes, It says that After they cleaned up the dog the husband found the mess. The way it is written it does sound like the dog was allowed to roam and so tried to clean itself up, threw up in the bedroom, then got cleaned up by the OP and then later the husband found the mess, since a puppy locked in a crate is clearly not throwing up in the bedroom. The other option is that the OP idiotically decided to let a puppy she now knows has an upset stomach roam around the house unsupervised after washing them and then the dog threw up from having tried to clean itself while in the crate.

It’s possible they cleaned the puppy up, and she went and threw up what she tried to lick clean while still in the crate.

Burle 17

YDI for choosing to have an animal live inside your house

Burle 17

I have animals, they live outside... because they're animals

404wan 19

for a moment i read this wrong and thought your husband puked all over everything so... at least your husband didn't puke!

YDI for locking up the poor pup for hours at a time while you go to work

What was OP supposed to do? Let a puppy roam unsupervised for 8-9 hours? As long as the crate is an appropriate size, it isn’t cruel to crate train a dog.

That's how you train a puppy.... do you know what happens if you leave then loose all day by themselves? Might as well take a 3 hour nap while your toddler plays quietly.

fde2blknimout 18

You should be locked in the crate for 9 hours after being force fed exlax