Awkward small talk

By I Feel Horrible - 20/07/2014 17:59 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I went to my boyfriend's house, intending to break up with him. Instead, I was greeted by his whole family throwing me a surprise party. I had to sit and listen to his whole family talk about what a great couple we are and how we're going to last forever. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 152
You deserved it 9 446

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lVluse 15

You better get to that break-up soon! The longer you wait, the more they'll believe your relationship WILL last forever.

Comments

They know....They are just going to keep throwing surprise parties forever!

Buck, your comment had a whole lotta yuck stuck to it...kinda like muck under a truck Watchout! Duck! They're shooting a puck! *hits face* ****!

leeloo900 9

I would like to hear the other side of the story. Do you wanna break up because he's a jerk? Or are you dumping him for someone else. This needs a follow-up.

Yep I agree this deserves a follow up. There's more to this story!

kingdomgirl94 29

Why does it matter? He doesn't have to be a jerk and there doesn't have to be someone else. If OP wants to end the relationship, for any reason, its legitimate, and difficult to do. Its possible she simply fell out of love with him and its no ones fault. Regardless, this is a painful spot to be in.

I agree that he doesn't have to be a jerk. I broke up with a previous boyfriend just because we ended up being in completely different stages in our lives. We were no longer compatible.

Unless he knew and was trying to save the relationship.

Nyarlothatep 12

So he gets his family to throw a party and guilt her into staying, instead of either accepting it, or talk to her and fix their relationship? That sounds a bit manipulative.

My ex did something similar, although his family threw a party and he broke up with me in the other room while it was going on so I wouldn't 'make a scene'. He was too much of a coward to deal with it. People do stupid shit when they're desperate.

Damn, 62! I'm sure that hurt at the time, but I'd say he threw you a lifeline! What a loser.

It sucked at the time, but I agree that it was a wake up call. I don't take any crap anymore in relationships :)

Sweet_Visions 13

Might as well break it to them..

He's gonna find out sooner or later. Even though it's hard you have to do it. Don't be fake with him.

sometimes you just wonder if they knew all along