Activism but with cupcakes

By feminismlol - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - Australia - Brisbane

Today, I went to my first meeting at the university women's group, excited to become a more involved feminist. The first item on the meeting's agenda? The upcoming bake sale. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 146
You deserved it 29 780

Top comments

Okay, I understand wanting to be feminist, so, doesn't baking together as a group of feminists to make a profit off of your goods seems to me to fit right in with that? You're not baking because some macho man has said "Hey baby, stay in the kitchen and bake some cookies." No, you're raising money for your organization to do more things. And you're doing it in a business style, so what's the problem here?

Oh god... Involved feminism... "Grab, twist, then pull!"

Comments

I feel as though there are two different types of feminist. The type that are "crazy", and the type that are reasonable. the reasonable type don't mind cooking cleaning and kid raising as long as its not their only duty. Reasonable feminists want equality at both home and work force. The "crazy" feminist want nothing with being a woman. They refuse to shave, refuse to cook, refuse to watch kids, even go as far to threaten to harm men. What I am getting at is yes I see irony of you having to bake for the bake sale, which I am assuming is a fundraiser but that doesn't demean you as a feminist, while people stop to buy baked goods you can educate them about your cause.

anarchistpunk 3

Well of course there's two types, there's always two types in any organization. There's always the extremists and then there are the ones that have a clear understanding of the philosophy of the organization or following. Like the Taliban for example, an Islamic extremist group that need to kill all but Islamic people.

You deserved it for being such a bra-burner. Now get back in the kitchen where you belong!

I don't understand the feminists who seem to think baking is somehow demeaning to women. It takes skill to do well and tastes f*cking delicious! If it's not your thing, fine, but don't sneer down at women who do it. Those kind of Feminists tend to give all women a bad name.

I don't understand why women get so upset about me asking them to make me a sandwich. She asks me to look at her car, I don't get upset about it. She's good at making sandwiches. I'm good at fixing cars. But, next time she asks me to look at her car, we will see who hurts worse, me without a sandwich. Or her without her car.

Instead of 'earn' maybe he's trying to say be supportive. As in 'go team!"

Did you think that being a feminist meant you swore off cooking? It's not that big a deal, I don't see why you're complaining.

The definition of feminist may be for equality but it has become a group resembling nazis without fire power. They blame all of the nations problems on men. Feminism won when we became equal. I personally believe that we are all equal. For instance I want my wife to make me sandwiches and she wants me to change her oil. It's all far. But today's feminist want us to change their oil and make their sandwiches

linkinpark98 23

…So many sexist comments on here…

There are many kinds of feminists, and just like everybody else, some of them are stupid and some of them aren't.