Activism but with cupcakes

By feminismlol - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - Australia - Brisbane

Today, I went to my first meeting at the university women's group, excited to become a more involved feminist. The first item on the meeting's agenda? The upcoming bake sale. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 146
You deserved it 29 780

Top comments

Okay, I understand wanting to be feminist, so, doesn't baking together as a group of feminists to make a profit off of your goods seems to me to fit right in with that? You're not baking because some macho man has said "Hey baby, stay in the kitchen and bake some cookies." No, you're raising money for your organization to do more things. And you're doing it in a business style, so what's the problem here?

Oh god... Involved feminism... "Grab, twist, then pull!"

Comments

Man get the hell out of here with those lame ass jokes or better yet 63 YOU go make me a sammich.

0opsie 6

You deserve it for thinking baking food for profit goes against feminism. You probably also think it's demeaning when a women chooses to houseclean or take care of her kids.

EdwardC777 9

Feminists are the reason chivalry is dead. I myself as a female can say, that women like you sicken me, and are some of the greatest hypocrites. I'm am sorry.

taylor317 7

Sooo true! I'm a woman too, and I can't stand most women, especially feminists.

Grow up! Just because you're a woman doesn't mean you can't bake. Bake sales are the best way to raise money in this fat country.

Feminism and chauvinism are the same thing.

I honestly hate feminists. As a guy that was raised with manners, I like to hold the door open, or pull out a chair. The only feminists I know yell at me for doing so because "they can do it themselves." I'm not being demeaning, just polite. So if your a feminist that's all great and dandy, but just don't be one of them that screams and shouts at man, and be the one who actually does something that will help earn you equal pay and equal treatment.

"be the one who actually does something that will help earn you equal pay and equal treatment." I beg your pardon? As a woman, I have to *earn* the right to be treated the same way you are, just because you have a penis and I don't? You want me to believe you were raised with manners? Stop saying stupid shit like that.

"I honestly hate feminists" "If you're a feminist that's just fine and dandy" lol wut.

Perhaps longstory mean simply, if you want equal pay then do equal work. But that makes no sense because women get 75 cents to every dollar a man makes, in some cases.

When will people learn there will never be equality? There will ALWAYS be bitter resentment between genders and/or race.

What would you have preferred? First up, bra burning?

jackeechan 10

If you cant find anything useful to do then BAKE ME SOME COOKIES!!!