Serial killer vibes

By Anonymous - 18/06/2021 22:01

Today, when my son told me he wanted to work with animals, I thought he meant a vet, turns out his actual career goal was to be the guy who puts the strays to sleep at the animal control centre. He got that job and I’ve never seen him happier. What monster have I raised? FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 167
You deserved it 172

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aiden89 23

Does he show a lack of empathy towards humans?

Hey, whatever makes him happy and puts money in his pocket. Maybe he views it as a way to bring peace and end their suffering. It could have been worse. Ever heard of Grizzly Man? At least your son isn't like that with animals.

Comments

Aiden89 23

Does he show a lack of empathy towards humans?

Yes, my thoughts too - Sounds like a Sociopath…

You do know that sociopathy or ASPD as it's known as now it's a personality disorder which can't be helped and isn't a character trait or quirk, right? Certainly can't be diagnosed off of one FML alone.

Even if it isnt diagnosed its a good idea to be pointed in the right direction, and no one is shaming them but if a person DOES have a potential future murderer on their hands its a good idea for them to know ahead of time. Being aware is not shaming.

Hey, whatever makes him happy and puts money in his pocket. Maybe he views it as a way to bring peace and end their suffering. It could have been worse. Ever heard of Grizzly Man? At least your son isn't like that with animals.

I love animals myself but you can’t be too upset for doing a still necessary job. If you like your job then who are we to judge. It’s a bit of a rare thing for people to enjoy their job these days anyway.

OrySoma 11

as long as he dosnt move his way up the food chain let him be someone's gotta do the job

slkeithh 14

How does this work? Only licensed veterinarians are legally allowed to euthanize animals. Where do you live, and how can I report him/the shelter he works for?

Maybe he is a licensed vet? Good thing he isn't a licensed executioner.

keep an eye on him. it's pretty much a fact that most sociopaths torture and kill animals early in life.

That's a psychopath. Not a sociopath. I also doubt you've met most "sociopaths" in order to make such an assertation. Seriously, people watch "Psycho" one time and think that makes them a licensed psychologist. We don't shame people for depression or anxiety, why shame people for suffering from other mental illnesses? Also, it's actually a common stereotype or "trope" perpetuated by the media that sociopaths/psychopaths = inevitable serial killer. You can't take anything that comes out of Hollywood and actually call it a fact in a good conscience. Most people who suffer from ASPD tend to lead pretty normal lives and they're neither dangerous nor "evil".

I realize it's a job and sometimes it's necessary, but the fact that it makes him happy is very concerning. I'm terrified.

The Torah (I think) says: "If you love blood, become a butcher". He's found a socially useful outlet for his feelings--that's a good thing.