Activism but with cupcakes

By feminismlol - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - Australia - Brisbane

Today, I went to my first meeting at the university women's group, excited to become a more involved feminist. The first item on the meeting's agenda? The upcoming bake sale. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 146
You deserved it 29 780

Top comments

Okay, I understand wanting to be feminist, so, doesn't baking together as a group of feminists to make a profit off of your goods seems to me to fit right in with that? You're not baking because some macho man has said "Hey baby, stay in the kitchen and bake some cookies." No, you're raising money for your organization to do more things. And you're doing it in a business style, so what's the problem here?

Oh god... Involved feminism... "Grab, twist, then pull!"

Comments

XxDancerGirlxX 17

I actually think it's sweet to open/hold a door for someone. Regardless of fender, it's politeness.

Op, you need to learn to chill. Joining a group does not make you a badass or change your character within the first meeting. People still need money. Unless you have abstained from cookies for the last odd years then you have made or eaten cookies that a man or woman made. Some women love to cook. Martha Stewart is awesome at crafts and made millions. People love baking and crafting and that does not make them weak or stupid or owned. So, stop thinking feminism is this violent battle against baked goods and doing work and you will be fine.

It's official: Even Feminazis agree your place is in the kitchen.

americananarchy 3

83: you are a dumbass. If feminists stuck to the definition of feminism you would be right. But they don't so shut the **** up and actually think before you comment on Shit.

sarahkembur 0

I think the feminist act is complete bullshit and I'm a woman.

I missed the part where women were fighting to never be in a kitchen I'm a woman, doesn't mean I shouldn't cook... and eat what I make while raiding in WOW

next task ladies: we are all volunteering to work at subway

taylor317 7

Good, no one likes feminists, y'all are annoying! YDI

Woohoo!!!! Bake sale!! I love cookies :)