This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Anonymous - 16/09/2018 15:00

Today, a large figure busted my front door window. Fearing a burglar, I shot at them with my sidearm. Opening the door, I saw the mailman, in his new brown shorts, and my large custom bedding he'd plopped against my door. With 5 new holes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 040
You deserved it 6 169

Top comments

No prizes for guessing what country you're from.

You went postal on a mailman? At least you didn't shoot him. Also, the adage "look before you leap" seems appropriate here.

Comments

PenguinPal3017 19

"I know that I accidentally broke your window, but aren't you over reacting?"

So... You heard something happening OUTSIDE of your house. Nobody was jiggling doorknobs or messing with the windows and you just busted your gun out and shot 5 bullets through the door. You obviously didn't even ask who's there or even do the slightly less psychotic thing of opening your door with the gun drawn. Nope you see big shadow you shoot. You sir are a complete imbecile. I can think of a million things that would cast a shadow at my door and most of them involve kids playing a game... I'm so glad there are oceans between us. If I was a citizen of your country I would literally make it my mission to make sure someone takes your guns and teaches you your abcs

This cannot be counted as an act of self defense because he had no weapon on him and you can't prove that you were in any danger. If he had a weapon (not that a mailman would) you had the right to retreat, in other words, get yourself to safety and only using the weapon as a last resort in a life endangering situation. You could of easily been locked up for manslaughter had you accidentally killed him.

Caidalee 2

This post made me create an account just to say that this is disgusting. 5 bullets through the door before you even looked? You very easily could’ve killed an innocent man! What if it was a kid playing a prank? Or your mother dropping by unexpectedly? Where is your firearm safety? Or are you one of those people who snuck through the system without having to take a class? As an American gun owner, this pisses me off to no end.

Today I was such a self-titled, gun-wielding American that when I shot at an innocent man, I still made it about me and somehow, I'm the one submitting an FML.

Why would you shoot at something without knowing who or what it was?? Seriously??!?!!????

I never know whether to laugh or cry at the attitude to guns in the US. I can't imagine what it's like to live with that level of fear in your life, that you would blindly shoot another human being because of a broken window.

middlenamefrank2 4

Who uses the word "sidearm"? I'm going to go ahead and call BS. If it's not BS, you REALLY need to work on your aim if you got the package 5 times and didn't even graze the mailman.

who just shoots at someone without seeing who is there? wtf

You fail gun safety. Always Know Your Target And What is Beyond It.