By Anonymous - 02/04/2016 03:01 - United States - Fremont

Today, I left my daughter with a babysitter for the first time. When I came home, my microwave was ruined because they had attempted to heat cans of Play-Doh as a science experiment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 260
You deserved it 1 947

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What a ******* idiot! Everybody knows you heat Play-Doh in MUGS, not cans!

Comments

I think OP needs a 2nd babysitter to baby sit both their kid and the 1st babysitter. Haha.

Swandive235 27

Some babysitters are dumber than the kids themselves.

What a ******* idiot! Everybody knows you heat Play-Doh in MUGS, not cans!

Amateur. Back in my day we cooked play-doh on a cast-iron skillet over an open fire. It was delicious too.

Literally what are you even talking about???? Every knows it has to be roasted on a spit over an open fire.

T_Seg_101 18

That's special... I think it's time to start looking for a new baby sitter!

This post makes me wonder how old they both are. Hopefully you learn from this. It could have been worse. But good to know nothing crazy happened.

Makes all their toys shaped like food, then tell kids not to eat it

Am I the only one who's wondering what happens to Play-Doh when you put it in the microwave?

Nope. I am too. This is how accidents spread. There's now going to be a rash of people microwaving play-doh because of this post. It's like the Ring, but your microwave dies in 7 days instead.

It will probably just melt/get softer. When I made a puppet for a stopmotion animation, I used clay (plasticine) and put it on a plate in the microwave to make it softer so it's easier to sculpt. I once put it in too long and it felt like warm, bit watery used chewing gum.The problem with what the babysitter did was probably that the play doh was still in the can :p.

I may be missing something but how did it ruin the microwave? The playdoh cans are plastic and the playdoh would simply just melt if left in long enough.

I may be wrong as I have never microwaved Play-Doh, but the containers may have exploded, causing damage to the microwave. Just my idea of what may have happened.

It's doubtful a plastic container made for playdough could build up that much pressure tbh. I mean, it's plastic. And it's being heated from being in contact with the playdough. More likely the container melted all over the microwave and is now stuck to it. (which is why I have one with an easily replaceable tray inside)

Wouldnt ruin a microwave though, can scrape the plastic/playdoh off with some effort if it did melt the plastic. Although with how thick the containers are they would need to microwave it for awhile to melt the plastic.

I think we need a follow-up. on one side, yes I'd be mad...but I'd also be happy that your sitter at least encouraged your child's curiosity & tried to help on a project. 50/50.

She can encourage curiosity with something that doesn't destroy kitchen appliances.