By Richard - 18/10/2017 13:23 - United States

Today, a DNA test proved that my 2-month-old daughter isn't mine. The real father is my girlfriend's husband, whom she married last year when she lied to me about going on a vacation. We've been together for three years and I never knew. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 394
You deserved it 529

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You and the husband need to bond over your joint sense of betrayal, ditch the cheater, and raise the kid together like in My Two Dads! Whaddya say, OP? How about it?!

I am sad to say, but unless your name is written on that birth certificate as the father (and even then) there's little to no chance you'll be allowed visitation or custody. I feel so sorry for you and your situation. Everything you've had for the past three years is literally gone, and that baby is too. Even if you didn't care, and wanted to stay as her side man (Or eventual husband if she divorces), If she for whatever reason leaves you, would would never have custody rights with that little girl. Find therapy as soon as possible, because it's going to hit you before you know it. This is a huge deal. Again, I'm sorry OP.

Comments

On the bright side you don't have a kid! You can now focus on getting over her and improving your life

I feel bad for you, the baby, and the husband (only if he was unaware that the hoe was dating you too). I feel so sorry for kids who have a cheater as a parent.

jjj24 2

I have so many questions. How do you have a child for 2 months and neither of you know about each other? The prenatal, birth, every night since...

Yeah I'm with you. this doesn't make sense.

chessu 21

This is a rare true FML. This sucks, OP. I'm so sorry! I hope you won't lose faith in all women, because I promise, we're all not like that and cannot possibly understand how someone would do such a thing!

this doesn't make sense. as a father surely you would want to be there for the birth, and the following 2 months. and I'm betting her husband would too. how exactly did you never cross paths?

Anybody else have to read this about 5 times before it made sense?