You're in the army now

By Thank you, exactly what I wanted Sergeant - 21/08/2016 13:53

Today, my drill sergeant found out it's my birthday. I spent the rest of the day scrubbing large, filthy pots for the entire base of 2000+ and scrubbing grime off of bathroom walls. Happy birthday to me! FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 535
You deserved it 1 572

Same thing different taste

Top comments

anon4ever 7

I'm a Marine, and Marines don't get to have cell phones during boot camp. You don't have it that bad. One day of scrubbing toilets won't hurt you. Soon it'll probably be someone else's birthday, and they'll do the same. Good luck in the military, OP.

SauceySarah 30

Can someone explain to me why they made OP do all of that laborious, gross stuff on her birthday? What's the lesson they are trying to convey? Does it teach discipline? Do they not want happiness? Genuinely curious.

Comments

so i read this to my man (who has family in the military) and he said that extra work like that, cleaning toilets, scribbing floors, etc. they can give you a few boosts in ranks above others because it premotes hard work and dicipline. so as much as it sucked, he probably did it to help you boost in ranks.

Wickedwildjoker6 2

Welcome to the military. Be glad you could post this to the Internet.

This is a 100% made up FML for attention.

Just one more reason I'll never be in the military

never ever tell anyone it's your birthday until a week later.

Army here. Did scrubbing those pots suck? Did those walls seem like they hadn't been cleaned in months?. It shows why you should be respectful of all facilities. Leave a toilet filthy, or piss in a shower and someone else has to clean up your laziness. That is the lesson you should learn.

There's nothing indicating op does leave a mess?

One of the first questions I got in boot camp "do you have a license ?" My reply was yes..... "Here's a broom, drive this" Keep your head low and stay off the radar.

I didn't get my cell phone during basic...times have changed I see. For real though, get used to it. this won't be the last birthday the green weenie gets you. I spent my 21st guarding an empty storage container. Trust me it doesn't get any better bud.