You're in the army now

By Thank you, exactly what I wanted Sergeant - 21/08/2016 13:53

Today, my drill sergeant found out it's my birthday. I spent the rest of the day scrubbing large, filthy pots for the entire base of 2000+ and scrubbing grime off of bathroom walls. Happy birthday to me! FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 535
You deserved it 1 572

Same thing different taste

Top comments

anon4ever 7

I'm a Marine, and Marines don't get to have cell phones during boot camp. You don't have it that bad. One day of scrubbing toilets won't hurt you. Soon it'll probably be someone else's birthday, and they'll do the same. Good luck in the military, OP.

SauceySarah 30

Can someone explain to me why they made OP do all of that laborious, gross stuff on her birthday? What's the lesson they are trying to convey? Does it teach discipline? Do they not want happiness? Genuinely curious.

Comments

Queen_of_Night 20

Bitch, I had to sing "Happy Birthday" in the gas chamber.

Drill Sergeant? The hell? I know you aren't posting this in boot camp.

How in the hell?!?! When I went to boot camp we had to mail everything back including cell phones (minus wallet with IDs) and the clothes on our backs to our families.

You created the perfect setting for a lot of shitty puns (couldnt resist) but I'll just keep it at happy belated birthday OP

You have a cell phone? Wow... You must have it soooooo hard. You sound like WHINEY child... Come back when they smoke you for 4 hours with a Bangalore torpedo and then make you pull double fire guard for your birthday. They may never make a man out of you.

buddy I've had battle buddies worse off then that.

i just got done with basic and only had my phone to make a call when i got there phase change and when i was done. I can bull crap. My question is what branch and wheres your basic? Also what company and battalion?

not that bad man I'm a marine and I had to do alot worse than that lol and you don't ever tell anyone in your platoon it's your birthday that just opens it up for them to haze the shit out of you lol

Why are people bashing the OP for "expecting special treatment" when... A. At no point does the OP say they expected a day off B. At no point did the OP actually inform the drill sergeant about her birthday, he "found out" and C. She DID receive special treatment on her birthday - specially BAD treatment. It makes no sense. If anything, it sounded like the OP just expected a standard day, not a day off, and certainly not a *bad* day. Why don't they make cleaning dishes or bathrooms a communal thing? It doesn't make sense to single anyone out for this - assign it as a normal weekly duty that rotates around between groups.