You owe me $5, kitty

By georgia819 - 21/05/2009 08:06 - Australia

Today, my cat was hit by a car. I took it to the vet expecting the worst but they told me that she’d be fine. I was so happy I didn't even mind paying the $50 bill. The next morning my cat was dead. Having her put down humanely would have cost $45, I paid $5 extra to have her die in my kitchen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 529
You deserved it 4 320

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shalalalalala 0

Awww, I'm sorry about your cat. xx

Comments

Wuts wrong with u 28? I have 4 cats and they're great-they're not stupid or evil. OP: I'm soooooooo sorry. U should press charges against that vet and definatly NEVER go back. At least ur cat died in it's home tho.

Wow, you know reading some of these comments makes me glad that there is humanity in the earth, but reading other comments takes that away. Some of these posters are missing the point. It's not about the money. What he's saying is that he paid 5 dollars more to watch his cat die a rather painful death, I would imagine, instead of paying 5 dollars less to have the cat die peacefully with the owner by his side. I'm so sorry about your cat and so sorry that the vet acted the way he did. There's nothing to be done that can make you feel any better, but to just deal. Things will get better :)

EffMyLyf 0

that sucks! You need to call that vets office and give them an earfull, you deserve a refund or something, they might of been able to save it. Sorry about your cat :(

FOR THE "SUE-HAPPY": You were not presented with an accurate story, history, or facts. You were presented with 5 sentences of a person expressing a bad event in their life. How come all of you are so quick to sue the veterinarian? In most cases, there are money issues, which sounds like may be part of the case here. If a guy comes in with a cat who was hit, and says "no, I won't be paying the exam fee, plus extra to hospitalize her and treat her" and the cat is sent home looking decent - then the fault lies on the owner. Who knows if the clinic was allowed to perform radiographs, bloodwork, etc.? If the cat presented with no symptoms or signs at all, and the owner didn't accurately "see" the cat get hit, the cat is usually sent home with instructions to keep quiet and observe - to call if the cat starts acting ill. You can't hospitalize every animal that comes in, especially if they're acting great. People expect everything for nothing these days, it's gotten very upsetting. How about owners take some responsibility themselves? For instance - a cat cannot be HIT by a CAR if it is kept INSIDE. They're also not exposed to environmental toxins, pesticides, parasite and disease spreading rodents, loose dogs and other wildlife, and they cannot spread disease in gardens and sandboxes, as well as kill off the songbird population if THEY ARE KEPT INSIDE. Prevention. This posting also goes for the commenter whose dog was not vaccinated and she died - how is that the vet's fault? Did they provide you with records that said she was? Did they refuse to give vaccines to your animal? Or were you just neglectful yourself, and looking to blame someone else for your errors? PREVENTION. EDUCATION. Blaming veterinarians for your neglect of your animal is ridiculous. There are definitely circumstances where the blame lies on no one, or on the vet, but those are FAR more rare than what is spouted off online. As I've seen in every practice I've ever worked in - animals are like clients' children - until it comes time to foot the bill.

meddude 0

i'm sorry about your cat. hope you feel better :) #70/#79: go die. as in jump off a tall building die. kthanks.

So you value $5 more than the life of your cat? Wow.

justxdream 0

Today, I read an FML that actually made me cry. FML

At least you got an extra few hours. I'd say that's worth $5 easily.

sondramcfail 0

That's really sad, I'm sorry. :(