You owe me $5, kitty

By georgia819 - 21/05/2009 08:06 - Australia

Today, my cat was hit by a car. I took it to the vet expecting the worst but they told me that she’d be fine. I was so happy I didn't even mind paying the $50 bill. The next morning my cat was dead. Having her put down humanely would have cost $45, I paid $5 extra to have her die in my kitchen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 529
You deserved it 4 320

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shalalalalala 0

Awww, I'm sorry about your cat. xx

Comments

fieryice 0

okay you need to ******* get your priorities straight YOUR CAT JUST DIED AND YOU CARE ABOUT THE MONEY?!?!?!?!?!?! mourn your cat, not the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vt_mruhlin 0

It's a little sad that you're evidently more upset about the loss of $5 than your cat dying. But YDI for letting your cat out without a leash or anything.

Tell the vet. See if you can get your money back, since he was basically useless, and never go back to him again.

I'm really sorry man, thats terrible. RIP.

Who the hell puts a leash on a cat? It wasnt the guy's fault. Its not like he wanted his cat to die!

vt_mruhlin 0

#61, pets don't belong outside unsupervised. If they're on a leash or trained well enough to behave themselves it's fine. But I hardly ever see this with cats. If I let my dog wander the neighborhood you'd call the pound to come pick him up. But a cat? Oh sure, it can go out, shit everywhere, sleep on top of cars. Cat owners are so self-important that they think everybody else likes their cat or something.

thisishilarious 0

cats suck anyway, why is this even an issue? also the vet more than likely said it was fine cuz there was nothing he could do i.e. internal damage

that sucks. condolences. this is the saddest thing i've read on this site since the dead kitten one.

Trying to sue the vet is ridiculous, but you could certainly put your cat in a box and take it back, then dump it on their desk and ask "DOES THIS CAT LOOK FINE TO YOU?" See what they say.