You owe me $5, kitty

By georgia819 - 21/05/2009 08:06 - Australia

Today, my cat was hit by a car. I took it to the vet expecting the worst but they told me that she’d be fine. I was so happy I didn't even mind paying the $50 bill. The next morning my cat was dead. Having her put down humanely would have cost $45, I paid $5 extra to have her die in my kitchen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 529
You deserved it 4 320

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shalalalalala 0

Awww, I'm sorry about your cat. xx

Comments

rihannalover 0

i'm really really sorry about that. it's not your fault just know that.

UsingLogic 0

Um, sue the vet for not doing his job? Vets are already charging a lot of money, I know many people who had to let their pets die because vets were asking for crazy prices. Worst one I heard: $1000 to surgically remove a tumor from a ferret. Operation was expected to last 10-20 minutes, and the price included anesthesia and a stay overnight at the clinic. Guarantee of survival and recovery not included. And no, they were not using 50-year old champagne as an anesthetic and the ferret would not be fed caviar during his stay. $1000 for a 20 minute operation means the vet was earning $3000 an hour. probably the best-paying job I ever heard of. Sue that greedy bastard, next time he'll do his job seriously instead of making your cat suffer just to earn an extra 5 bucks.

Try using logic yourself dumbass. No vets make $3000 an hour, like #173 said, theres a fuckload of costs. And, survival isn't even guaranteed walking across the street, obviously its not going to be guaranteed in removing a ******* tumour. Yes, the vet in the OP's story let the cat die, but shit happens. Welcome to life. No I'm not trying to be a douche by saying that it was the OP's fault, I'm just saying my opinion. And once again: Use some ******* common sense. Most doctors don't even make 3000 dollars an hour, why the **** would vets?

I don't 100% understand this, but I'm sorry that that happened. :C

xo_emily_xo 0

That's awful =( I am SO sorry. That vet is such a dick!! Awww, now I'm like really sad ='( ~Sorry again?

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. And that vet needs more education as if it's not obvious.

Sucks to hear. :( Complain to the vet's boss for malpractice?

Kylias 6

Ow... I'm sorry that happened. I guess having a few extra hours was good though? But I imagine that seeing your own cat, laying lifeless on the floor, and knowing that it was likely in pain... I'm really sorry...

alwaysalady 0

Get a new vet. Or. better yet, ask that vet for a new cat, and a recomdendation of someo one who got better grades them him in vet school. Poor kitty.

Wait, why is the vet a dick? He made a mistake. It happens with people too (Natasha Richards). Doesn't make the doctor a bad person. I doubt he intentionally had the cat suffer an extra day because he's evil and enjoys torturing animals. I mean, maybe he is, but I doubt it. Probably the best profession for stealthily torturing animals though...